Exhaust confusion, need busa historian!

mikeonbike1962

Registered
I just bought a 2000 busa. It has a full set of hmf(headers etc.). I like the stock setup better so the guy threw in (what I believe to be) a stock header set and 2 late model cans.

PROBLEM: The header set is flat black (so!) but it seems like either he didn't give me midpipes OR the header set is for a 99 or 2k and the header set is fixed with flat black midpipes (???). only one of the pipes from the crossover is detachable. There is about 22" of rear pipe from the header crossover.

Now, are the midpipes "integrated" with this header (remember, stock header), is it a 99 and suzi did it differently for 99? oris all fine and I just need chrome midpipes? Or did I get a header set to a 1987 YUGO ?

I will thank the guru in advance for help.

mikeonbike

The early stock headers had the right midpipe attached. Only the left midpipe was removable. If you want chrome midpipes, you'll need to trade your header/midpipes with someone who wants the black ones.

You can usually find someone wanting black. They didn't make very many color schemes with black mids. If these are in decent shape, I'd post up for the trade before changing these.

I traded mine for the chrome thanks to GMBusa
beerchug.gif

Here is the o1 stock and the o5 stock headers

DSC04275.jpg

OK, I've been in Daytona all day.

Daytona: Very little for sportbikes, J&P has a hot one on display and then your done. Yawn. I guess I should go at night.

Pipes: Yep, I havent inspected my pipes for shape... they are kinda flat black. And sure if you have a full pipe set (chrome mids!) for trade I'd be in. Do it by PM please.

What a ride.

mikeonbike

Back