Weight reduction with aftermarket exhaust

Mikey D

Registered
Forgot to mention it with the original post.

Stock system:
cans = 7 lbs each
header & midpipes = 17 lbs
Total weight 31 lbs

2 Bros exhaust
Can = 4 lbs
Header & midpipe = 8 lbs
Total weight 12 lbs

Total weight savings was 19 lbs!

I have ridden her down to Tortilla flats 2x in the past week (both at night). I do find myself carying much more speed into the turns but this may also be attributed to the fact that I have a new set of M1's on and I'm trying a different riding style out. (which does seem to be working form me)

I am flicking the bick faster, but again, it may only be mental. Especially as the weight lost is all down low. Does seem like a significant weight savings tho.

Yeah, droppin' the stock system and installin' the +/- 8lb total weight BDE system made a noticeable difference in my bike. Seemed to power wheelie even easier than before. Of course you have to take into consideration the power gain, so that could be part of my wheelie problem.

Yeah, droppin' the stock system and installin' the +/- 8lb total weight BDE system made a noticeable difference in my bike. Seemed to power wheelie even easier than before. Of course you have to take into consideration the power gain, so that could be part of my wheelie problem.
Too many wheelies...

No problem!
beerchug.gif

Plus it sounds so cool that I'm wantin to twist more now.
tounge.gif

Mikey, I'm going to have to chase you through Tortilla Flats some time soon... Glad to hear about the weight loss, and glad you like the system.

Mikey, I'm going to have to chase you through Tortilla Flats some time soon...  Glad to hear about the weight loss, and glad you like the system.
I'm a big fan of weekday night-time rides. No traffic, minimal LEO's, nice and cool out.

We're gonna be gone this week, but next week, lets do it!

Back