Repairing Headers Before And After - Lots Of Pics

Nice work. Yeah, the dents you had don't make a difference in performance. I fixed mine some years ago only to go to the strip the next time and flatten them again.

That video is great! A few years ago I did the math on ovaled piping when putting together a rear mount turbo system. The charge pipe from front to rear needed several spots flattened for clearance. The volume difference flowing through a round pipe versus an oval pipe was negligible. By flattening a pipe you are also widening it (to a point) meaning the overall volume is similar. Now there is a point that is stops getting wider as you get flatter but up until that point there's no difference.

First time I removed the downpipe from my diesel truck I assumed the previous owner had bashed it trying to make it fit. Come to find out that's the way GM made it. It looked very similar to the headers in that video lol.

You may not lose any performance if the primaries are dented but when the collectors are dented then there may be a loss depending how much. The pics show the end of the primaries and slightly the collector area. I don't see any issues with that.

Remember the Micron Serpent headers? Hydro formed which was pretty cool. Mostly made for Kawasakis and never made for the Hayabusa. Of course I had to modify some from a GSXR 1000 to fit a Hayabusa. Why not? I got them for $20.

IMG_20130403_195828_zps56e29a36.jpg

Back