Long Island guys

Hey guys, count me in for the 8th. I been off the ORG for a while, busy getting the other toy ready for the season. Anyone going to Bald Hill tonight?

Great to hear CAJ. I'm way busy tonight with soccer and karate.

You can PM either John or I or keep checking back here for meet time and place for 8th.

And what is this "other toy" of which you speak
rock.gif

It's a sailboat, sailing is my other passion. the preseason maintenance took much longer than expected but, she is the water now. Whatever time or place will be OK for me, Iam available the entire day.

I'll see if I can clear the 8th, seems I let my tracker to this thread expire
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

I don't know if the Mrs will be with me, either on pillion, or solo.

blush.gif

blush.gif

glad to hear , we should have a great group up there , glyn she wont be alone , marks wife will be on the back of his bike im sure ! should be a good day !

07/03/06

Early morning ride out east few twisties to Sag Harbor and back. My daughter found me a good bagel place! Back to Riverhead by noonish. Anybody interested? If so plan on the traffic circle Route 58 (Old Country Road) and Roanoke Ave. at around 700-730 am.

Post up here, I'll check before I head out. Hopefully it will be a nice morning, no early fog, cagers, etc.

LIE to exit 73. Follow Route 58 to traffic circle (7-11,Peconic Bay Medical Center,OTB,Dunkin Donuts)

Weather (as if they know) looks good for Bear Mtn on the 8th too. Keep fingers crossed!

Going to try again for the 4th.
Tentative time 8am at the circle as mentioned above.

Just checked weather. Calling for mosty cloudy and showers. Just going to have to see for ourselves in morning...

Looks like Glyn be not be joining us. Got a PM from him.

Checked weather. isolated t-storms. 30% chance until 1200 then 50%. I need to be home by noonish anyway. It looks like some strong stuff headed from NJ.

What do you think?

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152011211 -->

I say it's a go.
See you in a bit at circle.
Call my cell if any changes.

And a go it was! Turned out to be a great ride. Even though John was forced to climb well into the triple digits..."because I looked at him" when we were on an open 2-lane highway with absolutely no cagers. Yup, it was my fault...  little did he know that he was the decoy...
wink.gif
I was just checking where the RADAR was set up!
laugh.gif

Had to call the Popo out on another bike too. Only cause they got into a guardrail. I think it was a 929? Honda? Rider had fullface lid, textile/armor jacket, and jeans. His poor passenger had a half skid lid, tank top and half jeans. All he wanted to do was to back to NYC. We talked him into an ambulance. At least she wasn't hurt as bad as he was. We figure she stayed on top of him! Good on her staying on top using him as a shield against injury. We asked where thier gear was and what did he say... "You guys must be really hot in all that leather..."
rock.gif

All in all another excellent day out.

devil.gif
I did run through that RADAR trap John, but they had a customer and I just couldn't force myself to blast by them... I have a few morals...
okay, so maybe I did chase that one Police car down the road... but He started it!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152044967 -->

BEAR MOUNTAIN/ UPSTATE RIDE.

Tentative meet at Hess Gas exit 63 LIE (northeast corner) at 0800 on the 8th.

Please post your intentions so we leave no one behind!

great ride today , some great roads ! lots of twists an turns ! yeah you definatly set me up on the highway there !
laugh.gif
i will fall for it every time , then again it dont take much to get me flying , but dam a radar decoy , thats prety slick ,i definatly need one of those !
you should definatly post that up in the mods section !
tounge.gif

the good part about that blast is i had a smile ear to ear ! until we rolled up on that bike it kinda killed my buzz , but i am glad they werent hurt too bad could have been alot worse for bolth of them , that chic rode him like a surf board , and who knows maybe if he gets back on a bike again, seein us in leathers in todays heat might change his mind about what gear him and his passanger should be wearing ? that knee is goin to be hurting for a while !
sad.gif

next time ill give you my jacket ,helmet , and bike ! so you can realy have fun goin through that radar trap !
laugh.gif

yeah the busa chasin the pd car would a made some great footage , i have to get that tank mount for the video camera! but i hope you noticed how far i backed off when the pursuit occored !
wow.gif

laugh.gif

BEAR MOUNTAIN/ UPSTATE RIDE.

Tentative meet at Hess Gas exit 63 LIE (northeast corner) at 0800 on the 8th.

Please post your intentions so we leave no one behind!
bump.gif

Where did you meet up with 2Quik last time John? Can you or Mark post a meet time/place there to meet any non-Long Islanders!

For the ride on the 8th do you know if anyone comes from staten island or brooklyn to meet up for the ride out east to Long island

No one has posted yet. Still waiting on someone to give up info for the meet off the Island.  
smile.gif

Back