Att: massachusetts + rhode island riders...

Scarboro would be a nice ride!

A lot of highway and open road driving. We could head down to Misquamicut beach down route 1 after.

Haven't been to Misquamicut in about 15 years.

there was alot of traffic in newport.. [/Quote]
The traffic did suk,but it was nice the few times we did get a little open road on the twisties along the shore.
I had fun,and definately nice meeting everyone.
The camera I had was also Georges,so guess we'll have to beat him into submitting those pics!!!
laugh.gif

Haven't been to Misquamicut in about 15 years. [/Quote]
Is Weekapaug still there or have they paved it over? I spent many a summer day diggging scallops on Shore Road/Atlantic Avenue.

As far as I know it's still there.

It's still mentioned on the local news from time to time.

94 HJY a popular local rock station has a big party every year at Johny's Atlantic beach club at Misquamicut Beach. Not sure if that's the right name.

How long have you been out in Kalifoooornia? I'm a lifer in Rhode Island.

Vinny

I grew up in Providence and worked for DEC and then Raytheon in field service at the Naval War College in Newport until the late 80's, when I went on the road and eventually put some roots down here in 91. I'm a privateer in the network & IP phone business these days.
I've got to tell you though I don't miss the ol' place
wink.gif
. We have 300+ days of sunshine and NO rain from approximately April thru October. Open invitation to any New Englander who wants to see for themselves.

So who wants to start putting together a Group ride for Scarboro? Jay?

How about we set it up for October 1st? That will give everyone plenty of time to start planning.

I'll be coming back from Florida the night before. The plane lands at 10:00 PM

I'll be there what ever the date is. May be a little run down but anytime I get on my bike I'm full of energy!

I'll be there what ever the date is. May be a little run down but anytime I get on my bike I'm full of energy! [/Quote]
Yea Vin,make sure you spend plent of time with the wifey poo so you can play wit us all day!
smile.gif

Jay riironman

Were you riding by 99 heading towards Cumberland at about 4:45 Saturday afternoon?

I was helping my brother in law move from the Woonsocket Cumberland border to Killingly Connecticut and saw a Blue Silver with chrome wheels drive by while I was waiting for the light at Mendon and Cumberland Hill Road.

I'm still up for it whether it's a few riders or the 20 or so we had on the last ride.

George it's pronounced Scarbro
tounge.gif

Back