LIFE IN THE \"BUSA ZONE\"

I keep my eyes and mind as far down the road as I can see & my last 3 fingers fanning the brake. It's still a rush to me, I don't get to go there every ride.

I know whatyou all mean when you say increasing speed gets easier over time. A big thrill because I use Interstates late at night for commutes was to use 4th gear between clumps of traffic that are spaced every 1/4 mile or so. I work my way to the front of a group of cars at 80 or so then downshift to 2nd or 3rd ad set off to catch the next group. As long as I don't see brake lights from the cars ahead I'm reasonably sure that a donut gobbler with radar isn't there. This gave a great rush of acceleration and speed (165 area) then practice braking to 70 or so, work way to head of that group of cars and repeat.

Then 155 - 165 in fourth started feeling comfortable! Great sounds from wind, motor and intake too. A nice long straight with streetlights got added to commute to explore 5th and the limits of the stock screen got noticed (I'm not small!!). I had to get a new brow vent for the helmet when I picked my head up too soon slowing from 180 one night. The not - so - hot - on -bikes wife has been told that a double bubble screen will make tinhead happy for Christmas! I still (5500 mi) haven't redlined 5th and upshifted 6th and stayed on it.

I do love (daily fix) a hard run up thru the gears. THe front wheel lift in 2nd, 3d, and the little hop when 4th comes (bike still mostly stock) is way cool. Only bad time was when over - enthusiastic rookie donut gobbler saw me first at 93 in 50 zone. Worked out okay though because he didn't have banana cream filled donuts which would have made him ready for that hot monkey sex stuff. This was also the only pullover where I forgot to put a glove over the 'BAD COP NO DONUT' sticker just above the taillight. Most donut gobblers who have been around awhile realize that stopping for them is really a courtesy thing, the only reason the lights come on at all is that they've been too long without the hot monkey sex for awhile and they're looking for a reason to call their buddies. As the speeds go into sixth gear after the winter mods and layoff I'll start keeping a donut under the seat to offer the boys in blue when the situation arises. Falconcop and Grumpy, what are favorite varieties, or should I just stick to banana creme filled to get their minds off hassling me and back on hot monkey sex?

Back