Lessons Learned?

Mr Bogus said:
1393598[/ATTACH] AM] <div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>

WhiteLE on drinks..   We had thought about that (providing) but they take up so much room that with the hundreds of pounds of food we brought already, it was pretty impractical to try and supply ice/coolers/variety..  I do think we could see about water however...
Randy - I'm not suggesting the org buy drinks - I think that is too much to ask!  
winkold.gif

However maybe a central place for drink storage. I'm sure we could procure some drinks (even in a dry county) and put them in a cooler to share. Thanks to the person who offered water/gatorade around the fire pit. It hit the spot!

We did make a run to Andrews for a nightcap. Had to be creative, but was able to bring some suds back  
thumb_up.gif
[/quote]
+1 I HAD ONE OF THE BUDS IN THE BOX, THANKS PETER LOL..

Attachments

• zzwhip.gif
    zzwhip.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 19
Mr Bogus said:
1393608[/ATTACH] AM] <div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>

WhiteLE on drinks.. We had thought about that (providing) but they take up so much room that with the hundreds of pounds of food we brought already, it was pretty impractical to try and supply ice/coolers/variety.. I do think we could see about water however...
Randy - I'm not suggesting the org buy drinks - I think that is too much to ask!
winkold.gif

However maybe a central place for drink storage. I'm sure we could procure some drinks (even in a dry county) and put them in a cooler to share. Thanks to the person who offered water/gatorade around the fire pit. It hit the spot!

We did make a run to Andrews for a nightcap. Had to be creative, but was able to bring some suds back
thumb_up.gif
[/quote]
we need a bathtub
rofl.gif

Attachments

• zzwhip.gif
    zzwhip.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 19
I think some informal riding techniques discussed by the more experienced riders in the group toward others may be of some benefit. Items such as riding lines,vision thru a corner,body position etc. Group rides, such as vman was offering could help those who may end up riding past their limits. I know I am still looking forward to my first track day instruction! Knowledge is essential.

I also suggest breaking the groups up into much smaller groups.  Say something like 5-6 bikes.  Space the groups out about 15-30 minutes apart if we plan to do the same routes, match the skill level and riding style up.  Yes, it's a little bit of work, but it's worth not hurting anyone.

And if you are a truely novice ride, please let us know.  I am by far no expert but I know a little bit that I would be happy to pass on to survive.  Heck, I will even give you a personal tour, but we have to know who you are.  So please help us, help you and we will be that much better in the long run...
yep I agree, I concider myself a pretty experienced rider/racer and I turned down the offer from you just because I dont know the roads down there plus if/when the ride got going towards a higher speed I wanted the option to fall back to check on any that didnt want to go those speeds so it worked out great on the Blood mt ride. plus it was fun chasing you guys back down after I made sure Mel and the others were fine
thumb_up.gif

Back