KML I'm with you on this PRO-BOLT SUCKS !

What are you torquing the Pro Bolts too?

They are not meant for oem torque values!

Lock tite is needed to be used with them!

The nuts came with a torque spec guide and I torqued them to exactly what. they say 33ft lbs .
Their torque specs , lower than oem .
I used a friends 300 dollar torque wrench too , it's accurate and they are junk !
They all still have the torque, well that is ones that aren't cracked but as soon as they crack it is only inner steel coil that is still 'tight' .
As soon as you put a wrench on it it basically comes off from weight of a wrench , really easy.

:dunno:

how long ago did you have yours ?
As time goes by usually quality goes down so maybe you had some better ones ?[/QU

Maybe you are just plain unlucky.Or due to manufacturing and quality inspection problem and fault

wow I'm a little shocked by this. In the past I've used their aluminum sprocket nuts and after several years with many sprcket changes and high speed runs I never had a problem with them. Sorry to hear this happened. Maybe it's a quality control issue I don't know. The titanium nuts can be torqued to factory spec and would still be lighter than the OE steel ones. I can understand you not wanting to try them though from the same company again. :beerchug:

Nope Commuta.
I dont have 60 bucks for titanium and even if I did I would be back to square one as I wanted black.
Cant get titanium in black and the weight savings I am not that concerned with.
So the factory ones are curing in the sun and will go on this afternoon.

Rustoleum Satin Black to the rescue...:laugh:

factory sprocket nuts.jpg

delivery receipts as well as read receipts have been displayed on my computer from them but no response.

I hear ya' Blanca :beerchug::thumbsup: The hand painted ones look good. :thumbsup:

All things I have painted with that stuff look great and dry hard as nails.

I clean part with rubbing alcohol and then shoot a light coat on every 15 mins for a total of about 4-6 coats over a 2hr period.
Works much better if you let each one just start to set and then hit it again.
Within about 2-3 days its hard, after a week or two you cant scratch it with your fingernail, within a month its HARD !

Back