just dont know what to do. need opinions

I would keep it and put a turbo on it. Thats just me. I dont understand why someone would spend thousands of $ to make a busa a twisty bike. If thats what you want should have just bought a 1k or 600 just my opinion. I mean the busa wasnt built for twisties why make it a twisty bike. Nothing wrong with revalving forks and rear shock as they arent designed for us big boys. I just dont understand, but i probably never will as i'm not that worried about taking high speed turns. Good luck with your decision.

A 1397 kit should cost you no more than $3700.00 installed and tuned. The Gen II is a nice machine in stock form 174-175HP untouched.

I would keep it and put a turbo on it. Thats just me. I dont understand why someone would spend thousands of $ to make a busa a twisty bike. If thats what you want should have just bought a 1k or 600 just my opinion. I mean the busa wasnt built for twisties why make it a twisty bike. Nothing wrong with revalving forks and rear shock as they arent designed for us big boys. I just dont understand, but i probably never will as i'm not that worried about taking high speed turns. Good luck with your decision.

You are cordially invited to meet some of us "Busa track riders" at anytrack USA, then you would realize a Hayabusa's legitimate place in the twisties.
Raydog

MF1A0203.JPG

MF1A1311.jpg

I'm glad you are able to do that with your bike, you are a very talented rider and there are many people like you that have busa's. If thats were they belong why arent they raced professionaly?

I'm glad you are able to do that with your bike, you are a very talented rider and there are many people like you that have busa's. If thats were they belong why arent they raced professionaly?

So what you're saying is that because my 495 lb bike is not "raced professionally", it's not appropriate for track use? I'm to believe, "that's not where they belong"?
Look dude, if riding on tracks with Busas isn't your thing, fine, just know that some of us in the Hayabusa family love to pound them in that intense environment. It's just that your original comment was pretty judgemental about other people's use of this motorcycle. Just like I don't put down Busa owners that stretch, chrome and lower their bikes....it's just another use for this great motorcycle.
The Hayabusa's viability as a race bike has nothing to do with it's use as a trackbike or a bike riden hard in twisties.
Respectfully, Raydog

Your bike is almost paid off, I'd keep it unless you just want new.

I like the idea of a turbo over anything else for sure. my only concern was stability of having one and how it reacts in the curves. I admit i am a bit ignorant about turbos so i dont really know the mechanics of it. just being honest. If it is reliable, assuming you get a good builder of course, then the only other question would be how it works in relation to twisting the throttle. And what I mean by that is this. I love doing the twisties so if im like down at the dragon going through the paces. I dont want that thing to kick in while im in the middle of a turn and then loose the rear end... Im sure Im getting it all wrong about how it works so more education on this is needed. but thats my main concern.
AS for making the bike a twistie bike,,,,,well I will burn through a set of pucks every time i go down to deals gap in the 3 days i am there. The bike will do what the rider tells it too every time. She is a big girl but she has some real moves!!!:thumbsup:
Any way maybe some of you turbo guys could point me in the right direction on the subject and educate me on that.

I appreciate all the input. At this point I find myself now considering turbo which I hadn't even considered before. More info is needed on this subject. Going to have to check out the turbo section also I think. What would the cost of a stage 1 generally be?

This has helped a lot. THanks all:beerchug:

I wish guys would keep the corner carving to the race tracks. Can't begin to count the number of bikes lost here to wannabe racers during the summer.

wouldn't be bad if in PA we didn't like putting houses on corners. I hate hearing about guy's bikes ruining someone's living room.

Bruh, I would pay off the Busa and upgrade, which you'll never finish! :laugh: The Busa is fast enough for me I'm into mods/upgrades improving the original. And I have a gen 1 02 grey and silver "B@#$%" that's what I call her!

Just another 2 cents!

First off if you paid attention i said thats my opinion.I was just stating there might be a reason why they are not raced professionaly. I just dont see spending thousands to make a busa do something that a 1K or 600 could do stock, but thats my OPINION. If i was into twisties i would understand better but i'm not. To me it seems like to much risk for wrecking, and i would rather not take that chance. I like to drag race, thats my thing.The O.P. asked for opinions and i am gving him mine. I am not bashing the way anybody rides their bike and spends their $ on mods who am i to tell them that. I'm glad tha some of you busa owners has what it takes to throw the Busa around the track and keep up with other bikes. thats something i will probably never be able to do.:poke:

Back