It pays to be able to remove your fairings quickly !

SF and estimator never said anything about old parts ?
Don't see why they would want all the old broken parts ?
I'm keeping them .

I took the bike to the local dealer and they gave me an estimate which estimator says was not 'insurance price' but much more .
Your right my only obligation is my $500 deductible but I don't want to wait for weeks while State Farm and local dealer who's a bunch of nerds to work it out . Not only that but I spoke to three people at the dealer as well as some online all said the new fairings don't come with the foam cushions/heat shields and those have to be ordered separately so I had dealer include these on estimate. SF Estimator says no way fairings are that much and don't come with them. If when you receive the new fairings and they aren't already on there call us so we can come see them and if your right you can order the foam and we will give you another addendum check !
I feel like a skirted poodle jumping thru hoops just to be made right !

When I had my mishap State Farm paid for everything even labor. I did the work myself and didn't have any problems with them at all. The bike was financed at the time and they cut the check to me personally, not the lien holder or the shop. I had the bike inspected and an estimate done and that us the amount the check was for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really it's only the skins and nose that need replacing . Along with the stator cover , footpeg and levers I'm ok . There is nothing really to miss so I am confident I can do it myself . Just sucks I have to jump thru a bunch of hoops and spend my own money initially . I wouldn't trust the dealer to do something this simple . They scratch wheels and tech took almost forty five minutes to take fairing off for first service. Now that I know how 'easy' it is to remove them I realize how much of a dipstick the tech who worked on it first time was.

I'm a dipstick too. First time took longer than 45mins and then I thought now I know exactly what to do, so next time it will be easy. That was a long time ago, by now I have forgotton all the details. Next time I'll print out your Power Point and have it next to the bike.

I also have state farm . My bike fell over in a parking lot twice . After the sec ond time I called state farm and told them what happened . All they said was take it to the dealer,get an estimate and we'll send someone out . Dealer listed EVERY single scratch on the bike . Total came to $3200 . State farm came out looked at the estimate,took pictues of the bike and went to his car . Less than 10 minutes later I had a check in my hands for $2800(I had a 500 ded) . Plus my rate never went up . My agent said State Farm considers a bike tipping over an act of god "For all you know a heavy gust of wind did it.I've seen it happen plenty of times." The next day I took the check and my bike and got my '08 . I swear by my State Farm agent .

Looks like I'm switching to state farm in January when my progressive is up. Act of God for the bike falling over?... incredible :laugh:

Sent from my rooted HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk.

If insurance tries to pull this "Act of God" crap...what does that mean to atheists? If you wanted to get technical...wouldn't everything be an "Act of God"? :poke:

Guys I appreciate you telling me about bikes being financed and SF still giving you a check made out to you only but it seems i have no choice and SF has made up their mind .
I just wanna get the bike fixed .

SF paid over 4k for my bike. All plastic replacement. There was a hair line scratch on tail section, which got buffed and fixed by a local guy, SF paid for that too. Also local dealer gave me a discount, so I got to keep that amount as SF gave me the check. Above that dealer gave me all the parts that got replaced. Most of them dont even have scratch. All lying around in my apartment. Thinkin about posting the pics here and sell them, but just dont know what would be a fair asking price.

So State Farm estimator was here and after only a quick look at damage on both sides she starts writing estimate to 'repair' the fairings ?
"oh yes a select certified shop can repair and paint those and make them look like new!" she says ?
She's allowing a whole forty bucks an hour for labor....whoooo....hoooo !
I ask her if she noticed that the clips on both fairings that hold inner trim are broken off and that's why the gap between them is there ?
"well when it gets to the shop and they take them off we will come inspect them again and make an addendum" she comes back with .
I'm like I'm not gonna be happy with anything else other than new panels, this ain't right and I don't want to wait two weeks for another inspection !
I wanna get my bike back to new asap.
So I ask her if I take them off and show her that clips are cracked would that make a difference ?
She says "yes if you want to start taking the bike apart it can help but I'm only gonna be here for another ten minutes or so !"
:laugh:
Heh heh heh....little does she know I'm the fairing removal MASTER !
She's out in her van doing her thing and about 7-8 minutes later both panels are off and I go get her. The look in her face was priceless :)
She came back in and took pics and did see that indeed clips are cracked and now I'm getting new fairings instead of Maaco fix and replace ! :cheerleader:
So study up boys cuz it pays to be able to strip that thing like your first girlfriend !

Blanca, I didnt see the post that said you got into an accident? What happened and are you ok? Or did you just drop it accidently?

Well at least she is getting fixed, either way sounds like you came out ok, plus you get to keep the banged up stuff what a deal...

i did an estimate for a friend who had allstate recently..i took pictures and removed the fairings and took more pictures etc..i then gave then a 2 page parts list complete with prices and part numbers...they where so confused they just paid for me to fix it for him...anyone else wana get me 2k? :laugh:

Get a different insurance company when this is all over and do not list a lien holder. Worked for me. When I wrecked, the Geico adjuster looked at my bike, we agreed on a price, and she wrote me a check right there!

Get a different insurance company when this is all over and do not list a lien holder. Worked for me. When I wrecked, the Geico adjuster looked at my bike, we agreed on a price, and she wrote me a check right there!

Every other INS company i got quotes from was at least five times more for six month policy and some were ten times more !
Up until now I've had zero accidents in last twenty yrs.

SF rep just told me on phone that if claim had been less than $2500 than the lienholder would not have had to be on the check .
My claim and check are greater .

Im sorry you are getting screwed by your insurance company I would call them and tell them point blank I pay you A$$holes to insure my bike hence an accident you fix it and I pay deductables nothing else and I would be checking into a different company and tell them that also back when I totaled my 600 progressive paid it all..adjuster had it totaled before she even got past the fairings (custom paintjob) but like I said you are getting screwed out of this deal your insurance should fix it back to new at dealer cost or bike shop cost not at whatever cost she thinks is right...because she is wrong find me a stealership that gets less than 65 an hour in labor... I would run this one up her chain of command right to her supervisor and keep going till you get the results you want IMO

Back