It pays to be able to remove your fairings quickly !

Im sorry you are getting screwed by your insurance company I would call them and tell them point blank I pay you A$$holes to insure my bike hence an accident you fix it and I pay deductables nothing else and I would be checking into a different company and tell them that also back when I totaled my 600 progressive paid it all..adjuster had it totaled before she even got past the fairings (custom paintjob) but like I said you are getting screwed out of this deal your insurance should fix it back to new at dealer cost or bike shop cost not at whatever cost she thinks is right...because she is wrong find me a stealership that gets less than 65 an hour in labor... I would run this one up her chain of command right to her supervisor and keep going till you get the results you want IMO

I've tried to the point of feeling like I may be pissing them off at my own peril . Other INS companies here in Florida as I said are ridiculously higher . Total for estimate is 'fair' and my only real complaint is that I have to buy parts myself up front if I'm doing work cuz check is going to be made out to me and lienholder. I just want to order parts put them on and get past it .

State Farm agents own there own branch. Each one has their own way of getting things done.. State Farm is a great company for bikes.. You need to find a different agent..

IMO I say piss em off what are the gonna do drop you ? you pay for their service they should cover the cost from the shop of your choice not theirs thats the way it is up here you get quotes and tell them which one you want to use

State Farm agents own there own branch. Each one has their own way of getting things done.. State Farm is a great company for bikes.. You need to find a different agent..

This statement clears up some confusion I had. When I initially went through my ins. company SF to get my bike repaired they wanted to total it. Even after I told them that some of the damaged parts were aftermarket and I could replace them with the OEM parts I still had, I was told they could'nt shortcut the estimate from the bike shop and all parts had to be new. Fortunately the at fault ins. company finished their investigation and took responsibility for the accident before SF totalled my bike! They accepted the estimate as repairable and sent me a check for $5,600 a few days later. It puzzled me why the SF agent in this case was actually considering repairing the plastice instead of replacing them.

When the insurance paid for my foam pieces I peeled off the old ones and reused them and pocketed the money. They're stuck on tight with double sided tape but I did it slowly and got them off without tearing them. Where the sticky part stuck to the old fairings I used Scotch carpet tape to stick to the new. So far they have stayed on fine. I hope this helps you because your how-to's have helped me a lot.

When the insurance paid for my foam pieces I peeled off the old ones and reused them and pocketed the money. They're stuck on tight with double sided tape but I did it slowly and got them off without tearing them. Where the sticky part stuck to the old fairings I used Scotch carpet tape to stick to the new. So far they have stayed on fine. I hope this helps you because your how-to's have helped me a lot.

Thank you for the compliment .
I've looked at the foam pieces and they are stuck on tight , really stuck on tight .
If I try to peel them off slowly it tears and stretches them .
I'm just gonna order new ones when new fairings come and I see that they do indeed not come with the foam already on them.

I've looked at the foam pieces and they are stuck on tight , really stuck on tight .
I'm just gonna order new ones when new fairings come and I see that they do indeed not come with the foam already on them.

Mine came off my old ones also...heat tape too. I ordered the fairings thinking it would have the foam but didn not...didn't want to wait any longer.

My bike is financed and State Farm will only issue check to dealer/shop or me and lienholder. Lienholder will only endorse check if I can prove thru statement from a shop that work was done correctly. I tried to get her to believe me when I told her foam comes separate and even asked her if she called three places and they all told her same would she believe them . She said 'no . I would rather underwrite than overwrite'
So now it will be another week or so while I wait for foam to come in after I prove her wrong ! :banghead:

Hmm... State Farm cut my check last week for over 4k after 1K deductible to me and me only. I still chose to use my local shop, but I have ordered all my parts myself through HondaEastJustin. Was able to get a CT Meg Full System out of it too with all new parts. My damage was a little more extensive than yours and I am still paying for my bike, so I don't see why they can't cut you a check also?? ???

Don't mean to keep harping on it Blanca, but give Justin a call. He will beat even his own internet prices. I was able to replace everything down to the foam pieces and clips and still save enough for some aftermarket parts. He saved me a grip on those also.(Everything but the exhaust, EJ helped with that based on your recommendation! :bowdown:)

I also have state farm . My bike fell over in a parking lot twice . After the sec ond time I called state farm and told them what happened . All they said was take it to the dealer,get an estimate and we'll send someone out . Dealer listed EVERY single scratch on the bike . Total came to $3200 . State farm came out looked at the estimate,took pictues of the bike and went to his car . Less than 10 minutes later I had a check in my hands for $2800(I had a 500 ded) . Plus my rate never went up . My agent said State Farm considers a bike tipping over an act of god "For all you know a heavy gust of wind did it.I've seen it happen plenty of times." The next day I took the check and my bike and got my '08 . I swear by my State Farm agent .

I hate the hell out of statefarm. I told them the wind blew my bike over and they denied the claim. I only had comprehensive and liability on the bike at the time and they told me it was collision since the bike hit the ground. :flamethrowing:

I hate the hell out of statefarm. I told them the wind blew my bike over and they denied the claim. I only had comprehensive and liability on the bike at the time and they told me it was collision since the bike hit the ground. :flamethrowing:
Sorry dude . I guess I lucked out getting the agent I have . Actually,my wife has had him as an agent for over 10 years . I had Progressive and was actually quite happy with them . My wife(gf at the time) kept bugging me to switch,stating that her agent "kicks ass" . Well,I switched and 3 years later ALL my insurance,2 cars,a bike,homeowners,wife's rings,life(except my work policy) is with State Farm . He's treated me and mine almost like family,and on more than once gone out of his way to take care of us . It's to the point where for once I'm more concerned who the agent is as opposed to the premiums . Which I find extremely agreeable .

Back