it is not worth buying a new bike anymore..

I bought my 09 for 10,500 plus tax and tag, so it's really not much more than your 2000 cost you 9 yrs earlier. Myself I will only buy new and start from scratch. My life is worth too much to trust others with it. Who knows what previous owner did or didn't do to it. ESP on a Busa when I twist the wrist I have to know all is good to go.

you have got a real good deal on yours in 09 which is very rare but you got to look around and wait for the right time and remember it was 13k in 09 and it is 1000 dollar more in 2012.. justify the 1000 increase in 3 years for same exact bike.. even car manufactures like honda and toyota don't raise the price that much..
i work for honda dealership and i know as a fact that 2013 redesign accord base model lx is the same price of last body style but now they come up with standard alloy wheels vs. hubcaps, rearview camera, blue tooth, and couple of more features that make it value over 2000 dollars more than previous model.. they have learned that to be able to be more competitive in this tough market you have to get more value withought increasing the price...

Raydog and Goldenchild, how in the heck do you learn to take a bike all apart and put it back together? If I did that I would have a LOT of leftover parts such as nuts, bolts and washers. I would be so lost as I can't remember what I had for breakfast half the time and I'm supposed to remember where all the parts go, and all the little fasteners???? You guys are lucky. You must all have memories like an elephant, never forget anything. You lucky dogs!

I bought my 09 for 10,500 plus tax and tag, so it's really not much more than your 2000 cost you 9 yrs earlier. Myself I will only buy new and start from scratch. My life is worth too much to trust others with it. Who knows what previous owner did or didn't do to it. ESP on a Busa when I twist the wrist I have to know all is good to go.

Have bought all three of my Busas new,had my last one for 8 years and intend on having my 2011 for years to come so not worried about any depreciation(i also like that new bike smell,and knowing no one has run the snot out of it/skipped maintenance,etc. is worth the extra couple grand/peace of mind to me:laugh:).:thumbsup:

I saw a brand new bike with less than 100 miles on it rod come right out the case. This was a brand new suzuki hayabusa engine in a brand new hayabusa, not raced or thrashed never even reved to the limiter.... **** HAPPENS NEW OR USED...Oh and suzuki didn't warranty it. ??? Don't believe the hype...believe facts

Daniel I'm not really as worried about the axle coming loose as I am the internals having been thrashed and coming apart on me at 160. A simple search of YouTube shows me 99% of the kind of people who own sport bikes. Stunters, beaters and thrashers. We here are a rare breed and I'm sorry to say the average person has no idea how to properly maintain a bike and neither does the dealer he took it to. Ill start with new.

Buying new and selling in a couple of years = big time loss regardless of whether it's a bike or a car. I prefer slightly used myself about 2 years works for me...

Keep in mind though with increase price that I am sure is coming with those brembo and abs if it does come to the US like that. If and when the sales drop in the states the bike will disappear from the US and maybe be Europe bike only like the B King.. and buying used Busa may get harder and harder if that happens

I'm extremely happy with the bikes I have, and am done buying any for the forseeable future. With as much as I ride, and the low mileage on my machines, it'll literally take me the rest of my life to get anywhere close to wearing them out.....so I plan on enjoying them, and being thankful I'm not in the market for new as the prices skyrocket.

Unless you can get a screaming deal new, used is the much smarter financial choice when buying a bike (or most anything else). You can pick up very low mileage, like new (look AND smell new) for sometimes half the price of new. I bought my 06 ZX14 9 months old, with 1680 miles on it, for 7200 in 07. The original owner had paid almost 14,000 otd for it in california. He wanted the latest and greatest, so paid full retail plus bs fee's and cali sales tax and high license/title/tags fee's. Then divorce hit and he just wanted it gone, didn't care about the loss at that point.

Buying new in todays market is financial suicide unless you plan on keeping the bike forever. But if somebody doesn't buy these bikes new and take the huge depreciation hit, there won't be any low mileage, like new, used machines for the smart buyers to scoop up :laugh:

So by all means buy new.....the savvy used buyers will thank you :thumbsup: :laugh:

I still see '08's/'09's going for $8-9000+ and i paid $10,700 for my new '11(which i plan on keeping for years to come:laugh:).Saw a "used" Busa a while back with low miles and what seemed to be a great price...until you saw where those low miles were put on 1/4 mile at a time.:rofl:Not saying there aren't plenty of lightly used Busas out there for a decent price,just wasn't worth my saving $2000 on a 2 or 3 year old bike.

I still see '08's/'09's going for $8-9000+ and i paid $10,700 for my new '11
(which i plan on keeping for years to come:laugh:).

Saw a "used" Busa a while back with low miles and what seemed to be a great price...
until you saw where those low miles were put on 1/4 mile at a time.:rofl:

Not saying there aren't plenty of lightly used Busas out there for a decent price,
just wasn't worth my saving $2000 on a 2 or 3 year old bike.

The new bikes get better every year . . .

I might need a new one !

Red, *<(:{)-

The new bikes get better every year . . .

I might need a new one !

Red, *<(:{)-

You're about due Red,you can retire your '02 with honors.:laugh::thumbsup:

If you get out in the morning swing on by(i'm down for a few more days 'til i get my ECU back from Johnnycheese),just talked to big Jeff and he's(and maybe Mike)gonna ride over in the morning and edit some of these videos i've been pilin' up.:thumbsup:

this is the way i look at it.. i remember i paid full price for my 2000 hayabusa and it was 10500 then.. pretty much same bike as it is now and i understand the inflation and cost of labor and parts alot higher these days but just does not make sense to have prices around 14k -15k..

From The Inflation Calculator

What cost $10,500 in 2000 would cost $13,541.31 in 2011.

Based on just inflation, you're not really paying any more for the bike today than you did back in 2000. The only issue we have is that most jobs in the US have not kept up with the pace of inflation (Don't get me started on the CPI nonsense, removing multiple things from the index that everyone uses).

I disagree, I love buying new, I enjoy the haggling and the buying experience, plus I love popping the cherry on the new bikes, the warranty, the new feeling.

I buy a brand new bike at least once a year, this year it's been 3 :rofl:

I saw a brand new bike with less than 100 miles on it rod come right out the case. This was a brand new suzuki hayabusa engine in a brand new hayabusa, not raced or thrashed never even reved to the limiter.... **** HAPPENS NEW OR USED...Oh and suzuki didn't warranty it. ??? Don't believe the hype...believe facts

Hmmm,, wonder why suzukis not doing so hot? Customer service maybe? Not warranting is crap, time to switch I would think. That's why I did.

did you have a problem with them? I bought my 07 from East Coast down in Lawerenceville. I only bought parts from Mall. but talking to the salesman I got him down to 10,500. (I wasn't looking to buy a new bike)

Have bought all three of my Busas new,had my last one for 8 years and intend on having my 2011 for years to come so not worried about any depreciation(i also like that new bike smell,and knowing no one has run the snot out of it/skipped maintenance,etc. is worth the extra couple grand/peace of mind to me:laugh:).:thumbsup:

I buy new because I've never had a good used vehicle experience. :laugh:

The trashed dollar is most of the problem, but we can start the effort to change this problem in November :laugh:

Back