Is the busa worth the $$$$

smile.gif
Nice Bikes though and yeah Real Comfy... SPent a lot of hours riding out and about with a guy on a 1200...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151428047 -->

The Busa was my first sportbike and the first motorcycle I'd been on in over 20 years . My last bike was a Hodaka . You old timers might remember.

bikesp461n1.jpg

Sooooo Kahuna,
What was your desicion?
rock.gif
Did you get the busa? I hope you did bro 'cause you won't regret it if you do.

I'm 56 years old and also came off a cruiser, a 750 Shadow Spirit to be exact. No problem for me, but I have been riding since I was 9, and have had several bikes larger than the 750. I didn't think I could adapt to the riding position, but I can ride the busa 10 times as far as the cruiser. Try it you will like it. Now the answer to your question, is the busa worth the money? YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Think it all boils down to what you want out of a bike if it is worth the $ to you or not. If you like your cruiser and just want more power go with something bigger like the new M109R. Still cruises nice and has some great power to it. If you want something that is closer to your cruiser style but still have power and little sporty look into a Fjr1300(think that is right).
But if you like most of us that like having everything in one package and you love the look of the busa get it. Nobody can tell youthat it is worth the money to you. Most people either love or hate the busa. Just have to decide what you really want to do on two wheels.

Go with the Busa. comfort wise, the Busa is the way to go. A Busa is like a touring bike on steroids. It is great for longer rides than any other sports bike I have been on and I have rode alot of them. For resale value, the Busa is also the way to go. You could pick up a used one for a little more than that Ninja. If you are moving from a touring bike, I do not think you will like the Ninja...

He bought an 06 over a month ago... just so people know that this thread is as dead as Julius Caesar.
laugh.gif

it's been worth 2000 posts for me....and never regreted a dime I spent on her either.

the smile I get when I even get to see it, makes it all worth while to me.

wink.gif

dead or not..this topic is better than some of the other crap people respond to....
laugh.gif

Let me just add,,,, the gsxrs have a more aggresive riding position. After riding my busa, and then hopping on my son's gsxr 600.. well, let's just say I don't think I could make a 2 hour trip on his. But I can ride the bus all day long.

I'm afraid if you get a gsxr.. you will get the wrong impression of the Busa. It's TONS more comfortable than them.

I went from an '04 FZ1 to my '06 'busa. While I loved the FZ1, I never regretted the decision. I've never been a cruiser guy, althought I did test ride a new Suzuik M109. Sweet machine, but not right for me--yet. If you don't go the 'busa route, check out a good used FZ1. Good prices and great bike.

I think the Busa is pound for pound the best buy in automotives period. It is incredibly versitle and can be modded any way you choose. I personally have mine set up for drag racing, but I know people that take the same bike and put bags on it and go cross country. Sure there is a danger there with all the power, but any bike is only as dangerous as you make it. If you ask me, its a lot safer than any cruiser I have ever ridden.

Back