It happened to me

Techbiker

Registered
So I keep my baby in the garage at night. And she is always clean, I'm very pround of my K8 Orange and Black.

Backing out of the garage this morning I turn to the right and back up.Backing up my right foot slips in a single stick thats laying in the driveway, I do all I can to stay up but my right foot keeps rolling out from under me.

I strain and my muscles seem to give way, she's just to much for me to keep up. All I can do is to lay her down gently, I hear the scratches, I see the mirror bend over.

The street sits a little higher than my house so the driveway is some what of an incline up. When she went down we were on the down side.

I tried and pick her up but the angle of lifting her up hill was just to much for me. Fortunatly my wife had the day off and she was there to help me. We got her back up on 2 wheels.

I'm at work now and just want to get through the day. Tonight I'll do a close inspection, but just from the lookover I gave her this morning, just some scratches, nothing broke.:please:

oh dont beat yourself up too bad, it is bound to happen in ones riding career at some point... I did mine on my 750F Honda.. all it did was scratch the crash bar..

scratched paint is better than broken bones any day..

It happens to all us at one time or another. At least you didn't get hurt. Hope she faired well and will only take a little buffing to get her back to new!!

We've all done it. I did it at work not putting the kickstand down properly! Dont sweat it. I just ride my bike now, I dont care about scratches anymore! :whistle:

I did that with my 06 & was sick about it. I did get over it eventually though. Glad you were not hurt.

Dont beat yourself up over it bro it happens as long as you didnt break anything yourself the rest can be fixed.
I remember( about 15years ago) when I was at motorvehicle testing lot, waiting inline to take the test for my cycle permit I was the next one inline as I moved up my left hand slipped off the handlebar and me and the bike went down. I broke the mirror and a footpeg,needless to say i had to reschedule my test and to top it all off it wasnt even my bike, a friend of mine let me borrow it so i could take the test.
I recently purchased my 08 Busa and almost dropped it when i was fueling it up , thought i had the kickstand down but it was up and my leg was trapped between the bike and the gas pump. I yelled out for a little help and the attendant came over and helped me get it back up. So dont feel too bad it happens to the best of us.

Man that sucks, I bet it was all in slow motion too.

HEY, You all need to quit saying it happens to all of us sooner or later, It hasnt happened to me and your making me paranoid.

sorry to hear about the mishap, hope the damage isn't too bad

If you putit down soft you will fine. You should be able to pulish most (if not all) of it.

lol it does happen to everyone at some time or another. Heres my experience, which sucked at the time, but in retrospect it is hilarious, and maybe it will get a few chuckles here:

So, after putting 700 miles on my new 08, I got a flat. It turned out to be a slow leak, so I ordered the tire, and simply resorted to checking the pressure and filling as neccisary every day before I ride. Ok, so I'm in collage, and one day after class, I had already taken off, and realised "oh crap, I forgot to check my pressure" when I was maybe half a block down the road. So I stop on the side of this little neighborhood street, turn the bike off, put the kickstand down and get off. The street was going slightly downhill and the bike was pointed nose to downhill. I get my pressure guage out from under the passenger seat and go to check the pressure. I get behind the bike, on the ground, and first push on the tire just to see if it had gone flat. Well, no matter how much I swear that I shifted down into first, I guess I left it in nuetral, and the bike started rolling downhill, and im sitting on the ground behind it! This must be the fastest I have ever moved in my life, because in slow motion, the bike is rolling forward, and starting to fall left, and I get up, get to the left side on the bike, with my right hand under the rear fender, and the left hand on the left handle bar. I barely caught it not more than an inch from the ground!

Its not over though!

Although I catch it, the bike still wants to go rolling downhill. Now I am a very big guy. I am 6 ft 2, 270 lbs. I am a college freshman, and in high school I played varsity football as strong side tackle. i can bench press 315 lbs, squat around 400, and curl 120. But when the bike gets that low to the ground, it is DAMN hard to pick back up! Especially when you are using about half of your strength to keep it from rolling farther downhill! I must have been straining, yelling, cringing, crying, moaning, nearly getting a hurnea, red faced, in this position for what seemed like 5 minutes, while cars passed right by me, not stopping to help (those *******s!). They must have been too buisy laughing! Well I eventually got it up, and put it in gear while huffing and puffing. Turns out it got low enough that the exaust can barely touched the asphault and left a small patch of scratches, but nothing else touched, maybe the footpegs did, but they must have just folded up as there was no visable damage.
Needless to say, this was a rather mild one, but I hope this is my one and only "will happen to everyone eventually" moment.

Did the same to mine with 450 miles on it (08 orange & blk) Now I dont have to worry about Scratches anymore. I will wait a couple of years and fix all the scratches at the same time.

Back