Dropped Them Both

flyboy

Registered
Went for a great ride Saturday evening with my wife. She was on her Harley and I of course, was on my Busa. Well, it was a great ride which culminated with dinner and than a long ride back in the nice cool night. We come to this stop on a country back road and my poor wife stops next to me and drops her bike to the right. It landed on her right leg and pinned her down. I got off my bike and lifted the bike of her. She is OK and the bike suffered minor scratches. We finally get home safe and sound. We had killed so many bugs that I decided to wash both of our bikes the next day. I washed mine first and then hers. I went to park my bike in the garage...I had put the kick stand down before I started into the garage, but I must have dragged it enough to bush it back some. So when I went to let her down on the stand she just kept going and I flew off and landed on my left arm. Scratched the sh$$t out of my left fairing, mirror and exhaust. If I only had installed some frame sliders it would not have been as bad. Dog gone it!
sad.gif

Sorry to hear that but glad you and wifey are ok.
beerchug.gif
I feel yer pain, man. Dropped Da' Train in the driveway last Sunday after my ride. I pulled a SQUID move and grabbed the front brake while makin' a tight right hand u-turn. We all know what happens when ya do that...
mad.gif

Very minor damage due to sliders, but it still SUCKED!
drooling3.gif
I should get started on paint prep of my painter parts tomorrow or Tuesday. Gotta get 'er standin' tall again soon.
wink.gif

Can ya post pics of yer damage on the busa? I'd like to compare it to what mine got with sliders.
rock.gif

Yeah...I'll take some later today and post them. What really sucks is that I can't find the paint code for my bike. I went to color-rite and they say the paint code is coming soon. I guess I'll have to wait.

Yeah...I'll take some later today and post them. What really sucks is that I can't find the paint code for my bike. I went to color-rite and they say the paint code is coming soon. I guess I'll have to wait.
Call 'em on the phone. It takes them a while to get some colors on the site even after they're available. I don't know if they've posted the 40th copper yet...
rock.gif
Just a thought. They might have it, just not in the application guide online.
wink.gif

Sorry fly...........................I'm gettin' ready to order some sliders too.......too many good riders dropping their bikes lately...............I'm sure to be next!!!!
blush.gif

Sorry to hear Flyboy, my frame sliders saved my rear end about 1 month ago. Ended up /c a few scratches (nicely covered by a chrome GSXR decal) on the RIGHT lower fairing and a few nics on the frame slider. Sorry bro, whatcha planning for repairs?

I have an exhaust can left from my last bike and I guess I'll just have to have the stator cover chromed. I'm also going to take BT's advice and call color-rite directley to get the paint code for the fairing. So every thing is not as bad as I thought. I will be installing some frame slider first and for most. I can't belive I dropped her.
blush.gif

Sorry bout your bikes flyboy. Do you have to drill through the fairing to mount sliders, and if so, how hard of a job is it?

That sucks. I got very lucky last year when I dropped my Busa in the trailer. The side door took the blow and nothing happened to the bike.

Sorry to hear about both of the bikes. I'm glad no one was hurt. No doubt, you'll have them as good as new in no time.

sorry dude gald you are alright though atleast you dont have a hole in the hand and 6 stitches !!!! as for me i will always check me damn kickstand all the time now !!!!

Sorry about your bikes, glad the wife and bikes are ok. I always put my kick up out of fear that I am going to trip on it, lol.

Sorry to hear that, Flyboy, but glad you and the wife are okay! I have come close to doing that a few times and have been quite lucky.

Back