Insurance

Kain 1300

Registered
What the many reasons that our insurance companies gouge us, it is getting ridiculous for me. After sending a payment today, I realized that there has to be better rates for me. I currently pay around $1900 a year for my '02 BUSA, up from $1100 for my '02GIX 750. That is with Progressive, which was the lowest rate that I received from anyone that I contacted. Can you guys tell me what you are paying & the company? I need a better price BAD

Welcome to the board. Try State Farm, the only catch is that you will need to insure one car with them as well but I am only paying $475 for full coverage a year. And that is after an accident on the bike.

Progressive recently gave me an online quote of $9700. I pay $194 on my gixxer 750. Go with State Farm.

Another Vote for State Farm, Just keep in mind that Florida is expensive turf anyway, year around riding with some of the worst drivers and theft rates in the nation.

I am insured through USAA In Tampa, with full coverage, $250ded, over 30, clean record, 12 years experiance, and MSF, I am paying $780 a year.

Allstate or State Farm. I have Allstate $665 a year, but you have to have a car with them also.
cool.gif

i have progressive
37 a month (liabilty only)
i got quoted a 300 a month from others
26 years old and no accidents
1 wreckless driving ticket
and nothing else on record

get liability if any thing and see about getting some health coverage else were
its a must

i used to pay 29 a month with american family insurance when i was 25 and no tickets
full coverage

that was for a 2000 ducati monster, 900s

naked bikes are dirt cheap

if u cant get a better rate on the busa u might have to look at a naked bike and get rid of the busa
try the
sv 1000
or simlaer
u will be suprised about the cheap rates for naked bikes.

the key is to for the insurance company to catogorize it in the standard motorcycle class

the busa is the worst motorcycle u can insure.

also before u buy next time get a insurance rate in writing form a insurance company

keep searching u might find something cheaper it might just take u a while
but dont give up.

good luck
g

I have Progressive and it is $450/year for basic. I'm 38 with one speeding ticket. I am switching over to State Farm which will be about the same but give me full coverage.

Thanks for your replies on this. I am calling State Farm & Allstate today. But I know that being in Florida will still make dent in my pockets!!!!!

i have liberty mutual, i pay $550 per year. the key is to get all the discounts like multi veh, multi policy, good driver, student, college grad, safety course, etc..

State Farm,
full coverage, $500 deductable for colision, $250 for comprehensive (fire, theft, etc.)
under $400 for year!!

I do ensure my X-Terra there also.

Well gave it my all yesterday. I would have to have a car insured, also, with State Farm before they will give any quotes :eek: . Went to my trusty Allstate office and they will not insure any bike over 750 cc's :cussing: . So for now I'm stuck with the high priced Progressive. I am afraid to go to these little private owned insurance companies, because I don't want to get the shaft when I really need them. Who know's, maybe I'll switch my car over to State Farm and see what they have to offer.

Another vote for State Farm.... $430.00 per year for me, full coverage, $250.00 deductable.

smile.gif

Well gave it my all yesterday. I would have to have a car insured, also, with State Farm before they will give any quotes :eek: . Went to my trusty Allstate office and they will not insure any bike over 750 cc's :cussing: . So for now I'm stuck with the high priced Progressive. I am afraid to go to these little private owned insurance companies, because I don't want to get the shaft when I really need them. Who know's, maybe I'll switch my car over to State Farm and see what they have to offer.
Why not get your car(s) insured through State Farm and get the break on the Busa?

rock.gif

I have progressive. $550 per year....full coverage. $1000 deductible.

46 years old
MSF class
33 years experience

Back