Insurance rates

Wicked sprint i have usaa and tried to get insurance for my bike and they said they don't write policies for any motorcycles, but you claim you have coverage through them currently?
rock.gif
? I have had my autos with them over 15 years now, so i am really curious how you were able to get coverage?

18 and busa are going to be a very expensive insurance combination. Good luck!

mofuggahere ... I have my busa and all of my other bikes insured with USAA .... not even an issue, just called and said, add this, here's the VIN, how much..... how much is like 600-700/yr for full coverage btw.

Have had my bikes, cars, house all with them. Not sure whats up with it, I didnt do anything special to get it, promise
wink.gif

Well, at least it's not your first bike. Better an experienced rider ride a Busa then someone with no experience who claims they know how to drive "powerful" cars.

Wicked sprint i have usaa and tried to get insurance for my bike and they said they don't write policies for any motorcycles, but you claim you have coverage through them currently?
rock.gif
? I have had my autos with them over 15 years now, so i am really curious how you were able to get coverage?

It's because you had to previously have a motorcycle policy with them before a certain date.  If you didn't then you aren't eligible for a motorcycle policy with them now.  I don't know what the deal is but I have had bikes with them since I was 18 and No probs....  
wink.gif

I had a couple friends recently get bikes and I told them to use USAA also and they got the same thing.  They said "Sorry we don't do it, we go through GEICO" or something....very odd like that.
mad.gif

As for this TOPIC....

If he is responsible and is smart about it, why shouldn't he have a BUSA??

If he has had an R6 and GSXR1k, what is going to be any different with a BUSA?  He claims to have ridden dirt bikes since he was little.   As long as he keeps a smart mindset he will have no problems.  Everyone is different guys and you need to realize this.  I have had high powered bikes since I was 17 and never had a problem.  It's not like it's his first bike.  Those are the guys you need to be talking some sense into....  
bomb.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127246008 -->

AMong,

Hate to say it but if you don't have a car policy in your name,I would be surprised if it is less than $3k for a Busa in your name. Depending on your location that could be $3k for 6-months.
sad.gif

Good luck with the Busa. Just be smart about it and you'll be fine. As soon as you don't respect it, it will bite and bite HARD!
wink.gif

Thanks got busa , I have decided that i will probably not insure the busa. Its really not worth it to me to be making that kind of payment. I didnt have the r6 or the gix insured , so if something happens ( god forbid ) then so be it, ill fix what i have to.

BTW , i feel like i am responsible enough and experienced enough to own a busa , or anything else for that matter , I dont understand why you guys would attack my experience and maturity level like you have, I have not questioned any of your riding skills or any thing else for that matter.

BTW , i feel like i am responsible enough and experienced enough to own a busa , or anything else for that matter , I dont understand why you guys would attack my experience and maturity level like you have, I have not questioned any of your riding skills or any thing else for that matter.
Your comments about having no insurance say something about how "Responsible" you are. What if you kill or injure someone and have no insurance? And please dont say the victims insurance will cover em because you live in a "No Fault" state.

Get your self a Zuma or a vespa, and ride it in a closed parking lot. Better yet, dont buy anything even remotely related to a motorcycle or scooter.To ride a bike like a Busa with no insurance is completely fugin insane. Get Real!

rock.gif

I have used them for the last year, if you just bought a bike, they will not do it, if you upgrade bikes..they will add the new bike..or add additional bikes..but as of a few months ago no new bike policies unless you have an exisiting bike policy.

Valium, I am completely covered through my insurace company for any liability or property damage , Only the busa itself would not be covered for damage or theft ... your lack of knowledge and fact , before opening your mouth, shows how responsible you may be ...

Your an Idiot - LMAO! If your completely covered than why this thread? You asked us what were paying, so obviously YOU DON'T have insurance at this point. Your first post said nothing about "Hey I have liability Insurance but want to know what you guys are paying for full coverage". Nope you went on about putting it under your fathers name, bla, bla, bla... You have said nothing to the matter of if your buying the bike for cash or a loan. If you get a loan you must have full coverage, but You being the Genius you are Im sure you have already Fingered that out. I wouldnt trust you on a riding lawnmower with your mentality!

You say your riding your pal's Busa, but most states wont insure another rider on a borrowed bike if they are under the age of 25, so I guess your just praying that you dont fugging smash his bike...Or is this new news to ya?

Let me clarify, I will purchase the bike cash , put it in my fathers name , then I will be covered under OUR insurace policy for liability as a secondary driver. But will not have to cover the bike. My original question , was trying to decide to go this route or to register the bike under my own name and start my own insurace policy. ( but have decided it will be too expensive. )

Now in addition to all of this insurance stuff, you probably cant qualify for a loan on your own for this bike.  So unless you cut a *LOT* of grass or sold a lot of it
laugh.gif
ridiculous , uneducated assumption ...
dude, take a fuggin pill most 18 year olds can NOT qualify for a 10k loan ... now if mommy or daddy cosigned for you, then great .... and if you dont see the
laugh.gif
and the j/k you cut off my quote then you are just a fug head

and if you have coverage, what the hell do you have this thread going for ...
newbie.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks got busa , I have decided that i will probably not insure the busa. Its really not worth it to me to be making that kind of payment. I didnt have the r6 or the gix insured , so if something happens ( god forbid ) then so be it, ill fix what i have to.  

BTW , i feel like i am responsible enough and experienced enough to own a busa , or anything else for that matter , I dont understand why you guys would attack my experience  and maturity level like you have, I have not questioned any of your riding skills or any thing else for that matter.
am I the only one that sees something that contradicts his statement of having his bikes insured?

<!--EDIT|busa_wannabe
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127272735 -->

Let me clarify, I will purchase the bike cash , put it in my fathers name , then I will be covered under OUR insurace policy for liability as a secondary driver. But will not have to cover the bike. My original question , was trying to decide to go this route or to register the bike under my own name and start my own insurace policy. ( but have decided it will be too expensive. )
What?
rock.gif

You aren't ready for a BUSA just by what you posted. If you can't afford it, then you don't need it. Even if you get your parents to co-sign the loan and you do get your Dad to cover your liabilty insurance, what are you going to do when someone drives off with your new Busa in the back of there truck??

Then again, that's why they call them the BIG BOY TOYS......if your living off your parents, you really don't qualify.
laugh.gif

Listen I can afford a busa no problem, just dont see a reason to be paying more for insurance than I have to while Im still at home ?? Im not worried about it getting stolen,im really getting the bike to ride or play at the track on the rare weekends that Im not racing an event. I will most likely set up my own policy for my vehicles and bike within a year anyway.
This post lead to a completely different topic than originally intended, I just though someone would say: " typical payment for coverage at 18 is xxx.00 "
Hope you guys dont think Im a troll ... I really intend to use the site and your knowledge for things that come up with the busa in the future. Thanks

How would anyone here know what an 18yr old is gonna pay for insurance? That's a question to shop to insurance companies.....but I'm sure it will be a ton. If you're insured under the fam policy.....you better make sure an 18yr old is allowed to a secondary driver of a Busa. Like it was said before an 18yr old and a Busa?

To me that's like letting a 3yr old play with a loaded pistol. Bad things are gonna happen. Don't care if you're the most mature 18yr old in the world.....you're still 18. Get a cheaper used 600 or something......you're out of your freakin' mind getting a Busa...don't give a #### how long you've been riding. Don't do it....you'll most likely end up dead......yes, you will.

when i got my '02 R6 *new* and was 19, i tried 2 c if i can get it under my dads policy, but they said he would have to have a motorcycle liscense as well.

How would anyone here know what an 18yr old is gonna pay for insurance?  That's a question to shop to insurance companies.....but I'm sure it will be a ton.  If you're insured under the fam policy.....you better make sure an 18yr old is allowed to a secondary driver of a Busa.  Like it was said before an 18yr old and a Busa?  

To me that's like letting a 3yr old play with a loaded pistol.  Bad things are gonna happen.  Don't care if you're the most mature 18yr old in the world.....you're still 18.  Get a cheaper used 600 or something......you're out of your freakin' mind getting a Busa...don't give a #### how long you've been riding.  Don't do it....you'll most likely end up dead......yes, you will.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe because other people on this board had a BUSA at the age of 18 and paid the full price to play. Some of us didn't have the fortune of having it under our parents names.

But hey I'm 25 now and must be back from the dead since I was 18 with a BUSA. I guess the CBR900RR and R1 I had before that didn't teach me anything.....please.

Some of you guys need to get real with the younger members, unfor AMong isn't one of them.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back