Insurance rates

Maybe because other people on this board had a BUSA at the age of 18 and paid the full price to play.  Some of us didn't have the fortune of having it under our parents names.

But hey I'm 25 now and must be back from the dead since I was 18 with a BUSA.  I guess the CBR900RR and R1 I had before that didn't teach me anything.....please.  

Some of you guys need to get real with the younger members, unfor AMong isn't one of them.
But here's the thing, he got on this board to ask about insurance quotes, why didn't he just contact some insurance agents - surely they are the best people to ask for accurate insurance info?

So, the only other reason for coming on this board IMHO initially would be to brag about getting a 'Busa at 18. In that case, he can expect to get opinions from members of the board, and yes, some of them will not approve of him buying a 'Busa at 18 if he doesn't appear to have thought it through.

You're entitled to your opinion, and so are the rest of us. I'm certainly not going to treat him like a grownup until he demonstrates that is what he is. And any negative advice he's getting is being offered with the intention of preventing him being hurt - is that a bad thing? To just say "go ahead" without considering the consequences isn't smart.

By the way, I had an 1100 Yamaha at 17, I paid for it and insured it by working for a living, but I still wouldn't recommend that to anyone unless I knew their experience with bikes and riding, and that they wanted the bike to use as a bike, not just to pose on.

The bottom line is he can ignore all of us and do whatever he wants if he chooses.

18 = 5000-6000 per year for full-coverage. About 750-900 per year for basic liability.

Go for it kid! Its a beast and the best!

You wont shoot your eye out..... unless ya got a BB gun....

Geesh! This is one heart pounding thread! I feel like I am reading a Dan Brown novel!
smile.gif

Back