Inner Panels Painted

DSC00036__Small_.JPG

I was happy with my raceready inners; I didn't get the smooth surface just to save a few bucks...they do have some spots that are peeling a bit, but I've had 'em for a few years now, a touch up pen helps and I'm still happy with the results...

The smooth surface looks awesome! And +1 on dealing with the guy; no complaints, he went ahead and painted a stock set he had over making Mike dismantle my inners - it was a Christmas present and the guy worked with Mike to keep it a surprise
biggrin.gif

I've heard both good and bad; fortunate to be one of the ones that's satisfied with what I rec'd from race ready...
cool.gif

Panels lQQk great! Especially the '04 Blue/Silver!

...but then again, I'm partial to that year/color!
tounge.gif

They look great! I've just heard in the past that people have had to wait a long time and that the paint was chipping/cracking off. Hopfully you dont have those issues! Bike looks good!

William at RACEREADY did mine, he did an awesome job!, the paint matches, beautiful finish smooth . , he is the best at it, it is his specialty, he sands them down, doesnt build up the primer layers like most guys do which ends up cracking and flakinig off!, great pics, they look awesome, way to go William, he is in florida, and he did miner and shipped to Canada and honestly, it isd ithe best loooking, most noticable mod u can do to your busa to complete the body work and join it all together!
beerchug.gif

A special thank you to omslaw for helping me post those pics.

The blue & silver is mine & the 06 black & sliver is my buddy's. William (Raceready) actually did both sets at the same time.

One of the other guys we ride with has had his panels for 3yrs now with no chips or peeling.

I went with smooth texture on it & it really came out looking great. He even smoothed out the rubber piece between the panels & tank..He also paints the knee pad part which you can see in some of the pics.

Yes the turn around time can take a bit all depending on how many jobs he has, but the wait is well worth it. Plus I would rather someone take their time & send me something that Ill be happy with rather than them rushing the job just to have to send it back because of flaws.

I agree that it is one of the most noticable mods that can be done. It really does complete the bike (for now)...Never can have too many mods
tounge.gif

Ask your buddy with the fastest inners to PM me for my addy. I just want to see what they look like on my bike. No really..................................
super.gif

I haven't heard of any recent horror stories from RR, so I would think they are being more of a perfectionist to try and overcome their past.

Panels look very nice, congrats.

I had my mirrors done in April and it looked like a child did them with a rattle can.. Had them redone buy a local painter..

William did make it right and sent my money back though..
wink.gif

(CAT3 @ Jul. 29 2007,08:11) I haven't heard of any recent horror stories from RR, so I would think they are being more of a perfectionist to try and overcome their past.  
First of all your panels look great.

There is a thread on an issue I had with RR recently.

The grey is noticably darker than stock as well as some chips and bubbling right out of the box. They blamed it on the paint supplier (not my problem). The lines not matching up I feel is the result of a deformed panel and not sure how this happened. My 03 has 3k miles and those that know me and have seen it realize the time and care I put into my ride.

I will however note that William at RR has been TOP NOTCH on customer service and addressing these issues. He sent me a set of stock panels to swop out the newly painted to send back. I had to travel and could not get them switched and he is now painting some new inners to send me.

I will not comment on whether RR should be recommended as this could have been an isolated incident. Just could not let the thread go on without some additional info. Be patient. Do your search. Read the threads and make the decision that is right for YOU.

Your panels really do look great and I hope to get my bike back on track soon.

Back