painted panels

super.gif
PM -->
DR1300R @ Jan. 10 2008 said:
1262997[/ATTACH] PM]
Race ready.. Not so good..

PM thepushercg he does them now..
+1 Mine are not painted but Snap has had to send his back like 3 or 4 time to raceready and they still have not gotten them right.
There ya go. Just sloppy work.

r8

super.gif

r8=doing good sir! work is keeping busy-but I got no complaints
ThumbsUp.gif

as far as people standing behind their work-I know of someone who stopped answering my calls
I kept finding more lil details-fugged up
my bike came back in 4 colors-"no it's the lighting in the room"
ohthedrama.gif

even my tech called me & said "everything's running smooth, back together. now do you want me to put the shitty paint on before you pick it up?"

I loved how Gator never bad-mouthed the work
they just fixed it, ok they did ask me-if I knew there was like 4 colors there
but they ended up painting the whole bike-the color & way I wanted

NOW you choose what is best for you. Your budget & especially your bike. You have to live with it. I just don't accept work 1/2 way done

The people at Gator were fantastic. Never bad mouthed the crap I sent them, kept me advised of work and called me when there were delays or problems.

I remember the first thing they told me. We don't use Color-Rite paint. Doesn't match.

r8

Get yourself a mini sander and some plastic primer and a can of spray paint from Color Rite.

If your local paint shop does not have paint codes for bikes take the spray can from Color Rite and paint something then go have it matched.

I did this one and was not happy with my prep work (too rough in cirle areas) so I have been waiting until I got my Christmas present...a mini sander, now I am going to try to finish these this winter.

Good luck with ever route you take.

IMG_0406__Small_.JPG

as mentioned
these panels were not meant to be painted
they can be-BUT THEY HAVE TO BE DONE RIGHT

my aftermarket m/c's were leaking fluid(both sides) at one point
that would've ate the crap out of my 1st paint job
you have to bend down & have me point it out-after Gator painted them

dunno.gif
gator??
gatorcustoms.net
sorry short on time now
they have several pics in their gallery
truly flawless work

gator customs is good, better than mine.
getting the inners ready to paint is work and very slow.
actually race ready is not overpriced, i know what some think about pricing but ill tell you why. my wife owns a bodyshop, i know what the raw materials cost, the paint is outrageous high. especially for the pearl white. we can match most of the colors ourselves at the shop. now the pearl is a paint in the rear to match, color rite is the best choice there.
too smooth the panels is work, theres two methods on this. one is to plastic putty /prime/
the other and faster is prime/prime/prime. but allways use flex in the primer so when you reach for the stars and she comes back down and bounces the panels will bend a bit with the shocks also. sorry to ramble on here, but please understand the work part is not expensive, its the dang paint and primer. i do not know what gators turnaround time is, but mine is two weeks plus, this is a side hobby i do in the evenings and weekends. i have two sets right now i am finishing up on, hopefully tomorrow or monday.

Pusher , When you get done with what you have going on let me know and I will send you mine to do in smooth form.
beerchug.gif

Get yourself a mini sander and some plastic primer and a can of spray paint from Color Rite.

If your local paint shop does not have paint codes for bikes take the spray can from Color Rite and paint something then go have it matched.

I did this one and was not happy with my prep work (too rough in cirle areas) so I have been waiting until I got my Christmas present...a mini sander, now I am going to try to finish these this winter.

Good luck with ever route you take.
still look good to me..

for the do it yourselfers remember primer in the can is JUNK
your going get what you pay for in that area, if theres something that will bite you in the butt its the primer. if you want to do it yourself go to a bodyshop buy a quart of plastic primer with flex and a pint of hardner a pint of reducer, a cheap spray gun and you can prime yourself. dont shoot it thick, build it up in small layers. let each dry then sand, dry sand first with 220 then up according to how many times you shoot. the first two sandings are not really sandings just scuffing it up to hold more primer. dont sand threw to the black.
im not saying nothing bad about anyones work, just telling you how it should be done for long term without problems. without the flex added, sooner or later there going crack from the bikes movements. like ksana stated they were not meant to be painted,the only saving grace is the flex. i am all for do it yourselfers and ill give all the info i can to help.

Back