Impaled upon the horns of a dilemma

Rope-a-dope, you fooled me, pulled a fast one, etc. If you have good brace take it easy, but I would do as the doc suggested just to be safe. And...........if you do get on a bike, wear the brace just in case. Rather be safe than sorry. We dont need you hurt any worse.

Ah, ok. It wasn't intentional. I just didn't realize he had logged in.

I have cabin fever so bad, I'm just dying to be active again.
Earlier tonight I was looking at the schedule for Lindy Hop dance classes. :laugh:
I need to use my body!!! WAH!

Understood, but you dont want to rush it and re-injure. Just be careful! :please:

Understood, but you dont want to rush it and re-injure. Just be careful! :please:

Yeah, Lindy hop is all about swiveling on the right foot... it's the right knee that is blown... I'm thinking if I really focus on using the correct form it will be excellent physical therapy. If I get sloppy.... well... I don't want to think about that.

Wait. Prices are coming down (did you see the post for an 09 OTD for a little more than 10K?). Suspect this economy thing is going to get worse before it gets better, and you may need the money for unforseen medical expenses. When you are ready, the bike you want will appear - karma.

There's a saying in skydiving, "there's no ONE jump worth never getting to jump AGAIN" - same with risking your knee and long term ability to walk, run OR dance.

Good luck.

There's a saying in skydiving, "there's no ONE jump worth never getting to jump AGAIN" - same with risking your knee and long term ability to walk, run OR dance.

Good luck.

I know, I know. Just blowing off steam. I don't like feeling physically confined.
Thanks.

Just remember three things:

1. A brace is designed to prevent further injury by providing additional support.

2. Ask yourself if you can realistically pick the bike up by yourself.

3. When the knee starts to hurt, you need to stop and give you body a break. It knows best for your health.

I tweaked my right knee over ten years ago and I still have to wear a brace if I do anything that might strain it too much. If I don't it will bend sideways a few degrees. It really doesn't feel too good even now if that happens.

You only have two knees to keep you mobile. With that said don't risk it cause you will have the rest of your life to pay for your mistake. Heal it up as far as it will go then take the same risks as we all do on our bikes. Glad to hear you put off your bike purchase for this very reason. Some mistake can never be corrected when it comes to a person's health.

Heal up well so you can enjoy that ride on your new "to be" motorcycle! :thumbsup:

Back