Impaled upon the horns of a dilemma

So you game? :blonde: Wanna get down and dirty?
Wanna play in the dirt? Why don't we do it in the road?
So to speak... :rofl:

I'd go with captain's advice on the first page.

Consider how are you going to deal with a panic stop on the 10 or elsewhere when you suddenly have to put a foot down, and based on the position and balance of the bike, it has to be on the injured leg.

or -

simple stop at a light, put the foot down in a slippery patch of oil, slide, re-injure the knee and drop the bike...

Don't mean to throw a damper on things, but it just seems that you should feel perfectly comfortable putting either foot down at anytime, because you probably will need to at some point, when you least expect it.

What you've got is time, which is very valuable. Take the time to find your bike and negotiate to a price you want, then mod, mod, mod. Let your knee heal and get set up for summer.

You can always buy a bike. Knees are harder to come by.

I know, I know. Just blowing off steam. I don't like feeling physically confined.
Thanks.

Not meaning this as an insult, but you could be someone's pillion for awhile, that way you'd get your "knees in the breeze" without having to hold the bike up for yourself - might even learn something from the experience....at least that way you could go to the Bash.

Not meaning this as an insult, but you could be someone's pillion for awhile, that way you'd get your "knees in the breeze" without having to hold the bike up for yourself - might even learn something from the experience....at least that way you could go to the Bash.

:laugh: I can ride pillion behind the best of them. Time for my own! :rulez:

:laugh: I can ride pillion behind the best of them. Time for my own! :rulez:

Times wasting, quit trying to rationalize it, just do it, . Take the plunge, head first, don't use the knee as an excuse. You can be sensible in your old age. Until then live alittle. :cheerleader:

I don't believe this... the doc just referred me to an orthopedist. Hopefully this won't take forever.
This is depressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Why Don't We Do It In The Road" from the White Album.

Only two lyrics in the song: The title, and "no one will be watching us"

Ah, right! the refrain is "no one will be watchinig us"
I had forgotten about that. :laugh:

Fair enough! Maybe you could teach my wife!

I would tell her, "just sit on the seat". If she has any yoga training, and has a sense of the flow of her spine and her body, that helps alot.

I've danced all my life, I have an excellent sense of centriugal force, that's what I use.
I DO NOT hang on to the pilot, only under hard acceleration, and even then, ONLY enough to catch myself if my seat slides.

Ok, I also use things I learned rock climbing. And snow skiing.

But honestly, keeping all the force of my weight on the seat, no matter where my arms, legs and upper body are - that's the thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back