Illinois/iowa ride 3

dang boy! what you doin up at 7:30??!! I dont even wake up to scratch myself till 9 o'clock!

I think sunday Oct. 1st looks better for most guys right now- speak up gents, if you dissagree!

I think we should set up the meet time (wherever we end up centralizing) more like noon. Everybody is gunna be hungry from riding, so whatever city/town/village with little huts we decide to converge on, someone needs to do a lil recon and find a nice restaurant in that area-we can make that the meet-up point and once the guys coming from farthest out get there, we should plow into some food before we make ou way out onto the roads again.

(BigDiesel @ Sep. 17 2006,22:50) dang boy! what you doin up at 7:30??!! I dont even wake up to scratch myself till 9 o'clock!

I think sunday Oct. 1st looks better for most guys right now- speak up gents, if you dissagree!

I think we should set up the meet time (wherever we end up centralizing) more like noon. Everybody is gunna be hungry from riding, so whatever city/town/village with little huts we decide to converge on, someone needs to do a lil recon and find a nice restaurant in that area-we can make that the meet-up point and once the guys coming from farthest out get there, we should plow into some food before we make ou way out onto the roads again.
great idea but even with meeting in des moines, ia. The guys from KC didn't get there till 1 or so.

we like to ride more than 100 miles in a day.

you guys still in if we meet in des moines?

Im in whenever, but I just found out the 1st has a small chance of a problem for me. 90% sure I can make though.

where is this thing happening at since hal and omar are planning on attending? Des Moines like last time?

Des Moines is probably going to be to far for me. I have softball games that night

with round trip I don't think I can make it.

Cant do IA. Des Moines is like 400 miles one-way...I like to ride, but thats just too far; and thats 800 miles worth of chances for bad things to happen-400 miles away from home.

If this swings back towards IL or WI, I can do something, otherwise-have a good time guys.
sad.gif

the weather forecast (10-day report) shows rain going into the weekend of Sept. 30th/Oct.1st in IA...IL is looking a lil better tho. Wont have a better idea till middle of next week on how things will really pan out. If weather is too rough in IA, where do people wanna move this meet to? back to Utica like last time?

Im fine with that area, but Chicago is better for me-whats the concencus guys?

I don't know what type of riding you guys want to do, but the Galena IL area just can't be beat in my opinion. Great twisty roads (for IL) little to no traffic, and plenty of shops and resturants in Galena. Southern WI has some fun roads too, but I personally haven't ridden there, only heard of them. In Des Moines there's a resturant called Daytona's that could rival Hooters.
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif

Hey all, any date(s) decided on? I would like to try and make one last big ride before the season is out...

(fstbusa @ Sep. 18 2006,20:43) The guys from KC didn't get there till 1 or so.
Yeah, we had rain that morning so we got a really late start.

As long as we get decent weather it will prolly take about 3 hrs or so to get there...

well boys i have a more crazy schedule cause these darn farmers (scott know) hell i am on the board at 7 in the morning till whenever at night so not sure but you know i iwll try

(GSXTacy @ Sep. 19 2006,02:35) Im in whenever, but I just found out the 1st has a small chance of a problem for me. 90% sure I can make though.
Yeah, the 1st isn't looking good for me, either. So if there's another Sunday...

(XZZR1200 @ Sep. 20 2006,10:05) I don't know what type of riding you guys want to do, but the Galena IL area just can't be beat in my opinion. Great twisty roads (for IL) little to no traffic, and plenty of shops and resturants in Galena. Southern WI has some fun roads too, but I personally haven't ridden there, only heard of them. In Des Moines there's a resturant called Daytona's that could rival Hooters.
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
great resturant except 16 yr old waitress's don't work there......................... oh what thats a good thing.
laugh.gif

(omslaw @ Sep. 22 2006,03:21) Hey all, any date(s) decided on? I would like to try and make one last big ride before the season is out...
omar I think were going on oct 1st. at hooters again probably.

?? Hooters where? which city?

for the guys that can't make the ride on Oct. 1st, (omslaw, gsxtacy, mrninja9...?) do we still want to try a meet in Milwaukee later in Oct.?

man, it looks like I will be sitting out any ride on Sept.30th/Oct.1st.....I will have my son that weekend overnight so gonna be busy guys. maybe later in Oct.

sorry bigdiesel the site keeps saying i have an invailed email and wont let me upload my pics but if your ever riding in the kenosha area on the weekend let me know and you can check it out in person

seems like everyone has forgotten at this point-no more ride for the 1st fellas?
Im out regardless cuz its daddy weekend, and I forgot my brother is in town for his bday (sept. 30th) on sunday so I will be with family all day.

if weather is good Id like to get a ride together for Oct. 14/15th, or Oct. 21/22...i know some people got work n stuff, but i aint no sissy about ridn-I was on my bike here in WI all thru last winter, any day over 40 was good enuf for me. I got some swet roads to tour up here and some ah...great eatin' too
wink.gif

if anyone is down for a ride up this way (mrninja??) either weekend, start a new thread so we can kill this one please!

Back