Iowa Ride  Sunday June 13th

You guys decide. I know I am probably gonna have a few weeks of down time from the bike after my surgery. I am hoping to be back on her around the 4th of July.

I will be on the road to Kansas City and back all day Saturday. I will check here when I get home Saturday evening to see what's going on with the ride for sure.

well as far as I'm concerned were going rain or shine. I have leathers and they repel rain for the most part.
laugh.gif

I don't have leathers and I will be soaked for the most part if it rains
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
well get some rain gear or leather ready to go.

laugh.gif

I'm pretty much in reguardless. I have a rain suit, tankbag cover etc. Once I've started, there won't be any turning back. I wonder if I have ANY cell coverage up there?

I see weather here is down to only a 30% chance for rain. Sounding better. I am planning on leaving my house around 6:45am. I should hit w'loo around 8:45am.

if we all have cell phones we should exchange #'s before everyone takes off so incase someone is going to be late they can call and have the rest wait.

Yeah man, waitins no big deal. It should be a full day of riding for everyone! Sent billbell, fstbusa, hooken203 my cell so now only you guys and J-Lo have it.

naw, I figure J-Lo is easier than Anna if I'm being a realist.... and I am. J-lo's new " marriage " ought to be over by now. NEXT!! She's only damaged goods now because I dumped her initially. She wouldn't go to my church, see.... eh , long boring story no one needs to hear again. Hey, I'm meeting up with Keith for the ride up to waterloo. Some others said they were going but we'll just see. I'm charging up my vid and digi cam batteries so brush your hair and comb your teeth!! Today was a lot LESS rainy than predicted, so here's hoping

rain forecast just went up 10% to 50%.
mad.gif

well maybe we'll get further away from the rain as the morning goes on.

bummer. oh well, I'm still coming up. I need some more busa in rain practice! Hey Bill! You can borrow my rain suit if ya want. It's large size, I'm 6'1"

now its back down to 40%... damn its nice today.... I was sweating just lookin at my gear ready to go...
laugh.gif

I may be interested in borrowing it. I'm around 6'4. If it's pouring when it's time for me to leave I may back out. I'll be drenched before I even hit Dubuque. I wouldn't care if it happened during the day, but the beginning of the day would suck. Should we all check here around 6:30am to see what's going on?

Billbell you sure you want to ride to Waterloo? I am not the leader of this ride by any means but I was thinking we would ride to the Lamont exit and the head north. We could meet you there. Up to you.

It's prob not that far outta the way, besides I am pretty stoked to get with some other Busa's and Busa riders. If it's not raining I'll prob be there early! Plus, it will give us a little more time to get use to each others riding skills. I know I am still learning how to tame this beast!
biggrin.gif

I'm still game but if it's gonna rain all freakin day, that will be no fun and we need to call it off. I'll check in 6:30 am tomorrow too to see what you all think. Worst case, we pick another day - the summer just started!
smile.gif

Back