I was always wondering

Nice... I am trainin my Busa to do that now. Any advice on getting her down in a lean like that?
biggrin.gif
Body position I've been told by many a local racer kiss the mirror, hehe no mirror on a race bike but you get the idea your head should lead the turn in a way. Also keep your arms loose in the turn you should be able to wave with your knee down (I'm working on that for next track day pic
smile.gif
)

before you work to hard in the turn while going straight just slide off the bike from side to side to get used to the act of changing position quickly when your in the turn some of those pre-excercises will help.

I'm diggin it!  I had the same problem with the toe sliders until I switched to titanium!
wow.gif
yea but they said no sparkies onthe track
sad.gif
so I had to use plastics. I ran with the advanced riders the last session thats when I totally toasted the boots and fairing. Actually I was hitting the boots for most of the day to compensate for the fact that the foot and brake peg where hitting
smile.gif

I need suspension work for sure now. I believe I have reached the max on the stock setup
smile.gif
but you be the judge
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

I'm diggin it!  I had the same problem with the toe sliders until I switched to titanium!
wow.gif
sad.gif
so I had to use plastics. I ran with the advanced riders the last session thats when I totally toasted the boots and fairing. Actually I was hitting the boots for most of the day to compensate for the fact that the foot and brake peg where hitting
smile.gif

I need suspension work for sure now. I believe I have reached the max on the stock setup
smile.gif
but you be the judge
smile.gif
I think it's time to strap on a liter bike or smaller and go racing dude! Cool pics. Ride on man!

smile.gif

smile.gif

wow.gif
sad.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif
but you be the judge
smile.gif
I think it's time to strap on a liter bike or smaller and go racing dude!  Cool pics.  Ride on man!
Doooooooooood you don't know how much I'm contemplating either trading in or buying an 1k or something like that but I don't really have the money right now but I could sell the busa and get the liter asap man tough but good decisions to have to make
smile.gif

I am currently looking into to my local WSIR and may very well do something before the season ends to at least get ready for 06 season.

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

wow.gif
sad.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif
but you be the judge
smile.gif
I think it's time to strap on a liter bike or smaller and go racing dude!  Cool pics.  Ride on man!
Doooooooooood you don't know how much I'm contemplating either trading in or buying an 1k or something like that but I don't really have the money right now but I could sell the busa and get the liter asap man tough but good decisions to have to make
smile.gif

I am currently looking into to my local WSIR and may very well do something before the season ends to at least get ready for 06 season.
Just do it man!! Look for a used cheap race ready bike. They are a dime-a-dozen. Racer tend to take pretty good care of their bikes. On top of it all, they paid all the dough to get it ready for the track! A friend of mine just bought a race ready 2002 ZX6R for less the $3000.

BTW: I finally decided to sell my busa for a second race bike. If you are having more fun at the track the track is the place you need to be.

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

yeah I like these pics, yeah I can wave in a deep lean angle to the left and I can also scrape the ground with my left, one of my favorite tricks. Busa do lean, you can lean any bike, without crash bars ha ha ha

Wish my ........uhhhhhh..........BB's were that big......

I don't have the courage to go that far over......even though I have been told it will.......and you certainly prove that.

Awesome pics........just be careful

Thanks for the pics!!...it made sitting here at my desk much more interesting......come on Spring!!!

smile.gif
but you be the judge
smile.gif
Well, to be honest, which is what I assume you are looking for... From what I've read and tried on my own bikes in the twisties I'd say you're not scraping stuff due to suspension shortcomings, but from your riding style. Not saying it's poor, just saying that based on the pics you're leaning further than you actually *HAVE* to due to the fact that you are "pushing the bike under", so to speak. Your upper body looks almost perpendicular to the ground at full lean in some of the pics. This style of riding requires more lean and drags more parts than styles that use body weight to a better advantage in controlling the bike.

On my busa I scraped my boot once in a parking lot at slow speed working on low speed maneuvering. This happened because I was keeping my upper body almost straight up and down, or as close as possible to it, and leaning the bike to make the turns. I done this because I wasn't going fast enough to use body steering properly without falling over. Out on the road, when I hung off of the seat more and worked body steering I leaned a lot less at much higher speeds.

In your pics it looks like your chest/head is almost centered to the windscreen with your knee on the ground. "Kissing the mirror" was mentioned. If your body center was hanging off to the inside of the turn to the point of lining up with the inside mirror instead of the center of the windscreen less lean angle would be required for the same speed in the same corner.

Again, I'm not knocking your style, I'm just giving you an honest opinion. I just think maybe you could find more handling from the stock set-up if you adjusted your riding style a little. Just an honest observation based on things I've read and tried... and liked.
wink.gif

smile.gif

Also, fwiw, the reason chicken strips don't mean jack as far as how good someone can ride is due to the facts I outlined in my last post above. If you're using bodyweight properly you can get by with a lot less lean and stay well within the contact patch of the tire and still smoke someone who is pushing the bike under, scraping crap everywhere, and using the edge of the tire.
wink.gif

And to further illustrate, in your pic your right shoulder appears to be lined up with the right tip of the upper fairing and your arms appear to be squared with the bars. Now look at good ol' Bostrom doin' his thang. This shot from the front shows that his body centerline is approximately inline with the inside edge of the upper fairing. His inside arm is obvously "out" and his outside arm obviously "in" on the bike due to his body position. If he used the "push under" riding style he'd have to lean farther over at the same speed he is carrying, or slow down so less lean was required to make the corner...

acomparo.jpg

Back