I want new gauges.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I laugh at people. First thing people do when they see my bike is peer at the gauges and get a wide eye look.
I want to mess with them and get some custom gauge covers that go only up to 85-90mph.
laugh.gif

Or maybe I can keep the same layout on the speedo but where it reads 90 and up I could get "Classified" or something. Honestly I don't pay attention to the speed once I'm about 90mph. I know I'm going fast and my speedo doesn't read correctly anyways from the OEM so it wouldn't matter anyways.

Think my 82 gs1100 only went up to 85mph. Would of been an honest answer to the officer on not knowing how fast I was going!

I know, they are like moths drawn to flame. They go straight to the speedo and then ask you how fast have you had it.

I know, they are like moths drawn to flame. They go straight to the speedo and then ask you how fast have you had it.
+1
I get the same thing. I always tell them about 150 and I was running up on some traffic and had to shut it off, but that it'll do 130 or so pretty quick in 4th gear with a coupla thou RPM left passing 2 or 3 cars.
To tell you the truth, I'm not looking at the tach during these events and only glance at the speedo sometimes after I am in front and back in my lane, but that usually ends the questioning session.
laugh.gif

Get one that reads "OH SHID !!"...or "WEEEEEEEEEE"....or something like that, or maybe a sticker instead that hides the upper triples altogether....
coolold.gif

DUDE, that's a great idea !! I remember when we were kids (in the mid 80's) running up to the sportbikes just to see what the speedometer said.

Somebody use to make gauges from here (GoldenChild, I think ?), but I think he said he don't do them anymore ??

I want one that reads up to 1000 MPH. Not corrected. I'll use my SportVue for that. Then I can tell the lookie loos that I've only been to 500. ;)

Or get one that reads 300mph for those people that look at the top # and ask "have you had it that fast?"

"YUP" but only when I'm on my private airstrip.
laugh.gif

disclaimer: this was in no way a slam on anyone. It just came out
beerchug.gif

thats the only question i get. "How Fast". i love the idea of blanking out the triples, wonder if speed hut would custom die cut some like that. even a vinyl decal would be damn cool.
beerchug.gif

Don't tell me none of you pups are old enough to remember the federally mandated 85 mph speedometers on all vehicles in 1981?

Blue1

Back