I Need to go FAST!!!

Lucky34

Registered
A Volkswagen Jetta wants to race my 2005 Hayabusa...
This is a heavily modified Jetta though, putting out over 650 horsepower at the wheels. It's going to be an 80mph roll on. (we will start the race going 80 mph and up).

First thing, I need to remove the 185mph limiter on the 2005 Hayabusa. This car does OVER 185mph for sure. So I need a TRE. Which one would you guys recommend? Ivan's? TRE, Smart TRE, ATRE???

Second, Any suggestions??? I can't spend too much money (I can't get a full exhaust, or "fine tune" the busa, or get a turbo, or nitros, etc).

Here's some info on the car:
This car is FAST. It usually goes after bikes. It usually beats bikes, too. (R1's, Gixxer 1k's, etc).

Bottom Line:
What TRE should I get, from where, and for how much?

What else can I do to make my bike go faster (for high speed runs)? Key word: "I". I'm looking for things that I can do myself, relatively cheap.

Cheese, as I understand, you're the "make bikes go fast" guru, so do you have any suggestions? (keeping in mind I don't have more than about $200-300 dollars to spend)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

(By the way, the race is just for braggin rights... No money involved, and it is going to be organized)

Also, should I run it with the Double-bubble screen, or with the stock screen?

What about if I have a camara on the tank?

First things first...

WHY THE FUG are you messing around with some 80mph ROLL ON BUllshid? Any "Roll-On" is ONLY an advantage to a car and nothing more. Fug That, if a fugwit wants to put his POS cager up against a Busa fine. But FROM A DEAD STOP, or MAYBE 10-20 MPH... If this dude in his jumped up Jetta is beating bikes, it's ONLY because of 80mph fuggin roll-ons.

OK, second WHAT THE FUG you want a TRE for? Your actually going to run someone from 80-186+
rock.gif
? NO, probably not even going to come up. If you are, you've been watching too many Nickslick and Fulltilt videos. 80-180 whatever isn't any kind of race I have ever heard of, don't let yourself get sucked in, Braggin rights or not, a bike has shitty aerodynamics and comparatively low HP. The Top end stuff just isn't where it's at. Don't get suckered into some dumb shid, Run em' from a Stop to a measured mile, or better, a 1/2 mile. That's a real race, this "ROLL ON" shid only benefits the cagers...

Oh and if you can convince them to run a REAL race, you'll not have ANY use for a TRE or any other modifications. Just make sure you open the throttle all the way and shift before you hit the limiter...
thumbs-up.gif

have you been to 186 mph? I still think the Busa will beat it. schnitzracing.com has the smart TRE's about 100 bucks. Before you spend money on it tell the guy you want to race him in the 1/4 or 1/2 mile for a 100 bucks, that way you can get your TRE.....for free!

I agree with Revlis. My race is from 20 mph and runs for 1-2 miles tops. This keeps the high boost cars from having an advantage. TRE....not necessary
Either wind screen, but mainly the one you can get behind the best.
If ya really want to ruin his day, go up a little on your back sprocket and you will fly from the start. But, top speed runs are for single vehicles and not 2 side by side. Bad stuff can happen at those speeds.

Rev, I understand your point. I KNOW an 80mph roll-on give the cages the advantage, but I don't care about that. We could have the race from 140mph roll-on for all I care. That's not the point of the race. As for the top speed run, I WILL go past 186.

I like this forum. I like the people here. However, please don't judge me. I appreciate the fact that you guys use up your time to write posts, however I am asking some simple questions. What is the best TRE, from where can I get it, and for how much? Also, I would appreciate any tips you guys have.

Again, Thank you for posting your opinions, and I want you to know that I understand it's a BS race, in which the cage has a HUGE advantage, however, I want to know that I did everything I could do (win or loose). The important thing is to have fun, and be safe. I plan on this being a fun event, with lots of cars and bikes, and maybe getting some video footage (NOT TO MAKE MONEY!!!!!!!!!, this vid would NOT be for sale!).

So the question still stands:
What are the different versions of TRE's, Whats the best, from where, for how much?

Btw, I really do need the TRE. I've already been to 180mph, and I want to go past it. I'm doing this more for intrinsic reasons more than anything. I want to go fast, and eventually break 200mph. As for the head-to-head race, I'll have to wait until I see the car personally, and see how it handles at high speeds. I know how I handle at high speeds, and I know I can stay in my lane. I'll see if the car can do the same. If I see that the car is unstable in ANY way, there's NO way i'll be going next to it at 100+mph.
I appreciate the concerns.

Thanks paineless4u.
What's the difference between the TRE, and the Smart TRE. I also heard about an ATRE or something.... what's up with that?

go back to the website I gave you and type in "smart tre" in the search block and i think it will explain the difference. I am not sure about the ATRE?

rock.gif
  Cool Enough, Have fun... Just remember that TOP SPEED doesn't really prove anything, it's dead simple to do, requires no real skill...

Wasn't judging you personally, it's just that running a Jetta from 80 MPH sounds pretty foolish is all. I mean if it's just for fun... OK... Otherwise, sounds like your setting the Busa up for failure, especially if this Jetta is all you say it is. It's also needlessly dangerous and I cannot figure out what the point could possibly be, other than just for the fug of it...

Anyhoo FWIW, My suggestions for getting to 186 or beyond?  OK, A TRE will be helpful, not sure what to tell you as to who makes the best though, I'd prolly get an Ivan's because I haven't heard anything bad...

Make sure you have your Hump on.

Make certain your "Video" mount doesn't interfere with your ability to get in a complete tuck. Windscreen won't really make that much difference. But Double bubble will be easier to get under.

Make certain Tires are inflated properly.

Make certain your leathers are on and nice and snug, anything flappin will slow you down.

Be certain your on the Balls of your feet on the pegs, not dangling your toes like a goon, and be certain your legs are pulled in tight.

Stay relaxed, don't tense up on the bars, and don't tense your neck to tight trying to fight the wind, just get lower and stay relaxed. Holdin on too tight really seems to make things nervous up above 160 or so.

And of COURSE Bring your GPS... You state you have been to 180 allready. If that's the Speedo 180 that equals something like 164 or so roughly. Just food for thought man. But on the bridges up here I am hitting a limiter only after about 4 miles or so (I would guess) of perfect flat, divided, cross traffic free miles Starting from about 60mph... So while a Stock Busa may hit 200, it's going to take more than just a TRE, it's going to need a TRE, RE-Geared, and prolly about 6 miles or so to pull it off, if it will ever in completely stock form.

here you go:

The Smart TRE

We now have the "Smart" TRE that had a computer chip built in. It makes the motorcycle run smoother at an idle than the regular TRE does. They are blue in color and just a little bit bigger than the regular TRE.

okay let me first say you are a fool for even thinking about this.
Why you ask??
guess who was racing the Walser Supra?
rock.gif

Bunch of F'ing B.S. cars aholes.
80 MPH roll on?
how will you know you are at 80 MPH and he is at 80MPH?
and if you did.........how do you start without someone gettting a headstart?
rock.gif

This is how the Supra wanted it. once he got to 80 he would honk the horn!

Honk the horn like I am going to hear a little bleep bleep at 80 mph with a helmet on.

go ahead be a fool and try not to kill yourself.
PS not only did I win but I never had to get over 160

rock.gif

This is the one I use but the page never says it is in stock
rock.gif
maybe email them!
http://www.motorcycleradar.com/products_pg5_5.htm
Unless you are running a speedo correction device or GPS you have not been anywhere near 180. Factory Busa speedo off by around 8%+. The following is a nice option and gives you top speed memory recall!
smile.gif

Maybe tell him you will race his way then afterwards race from a stop. Make sure you are not in too high a gear when the game is on at 80mph. I would be extremely surprised if his car doing anything close to 180+ is nothing more than turbo spew.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Btw, I really do need the TRE. I've already been to 180mph, and I want to go past it. I'm doing this more for intrinsic reasons more than anything. I want to go fast, and eventually break 200mph. As for the head-to-head race, I'll have to wait until I see the car personally, and see how it handles at high speeds. I know how I handle at high speeds, and I know I can stay in my lane. I'll see if the car can do the same. If I see that the car is unstable in ANY way, there's NO way i'll be going next to it at 100+mph.
I appreciate the concerns.
just because your speedo says 180 doesn't mean you are doing 180.

If you want a TRE just make one your self, It only takes a 6.8k ohm resistor and about 30 min to install it if you do it right. This will give you the topend removal that you want.

I think a lot are giving you a hard time because if the jetta does win, some idiot will post it all over the web about how the busa was beat by a VW. it doesn't make the busa look that good when you put it at a disadvantage from the start.

Really though if he does have 650 hp he should have no problem starting at say maybe 40 mph and rollin on from there.

Problem with the highspeed side by side races is, what if he has a blow out or clips something in the road and it hits you, at that speed you can lose control easy. JUst be safe and don't do things for the sake of a video for others to view. I would hate to see your death vidoe posted on the web somewhere.

The Jetta will blow up before it can hit the Busa's top speed. Not enough gear and too many rev's. I don't care how much hp it has, it can't be done.

I think a lot are giving you a hard time because if the jetta does win, some idiot will post it all over the web about how the busa was beat by a VW. it doesn't make the busa look that good when you put it at a disadvantage from the start.

Really though if he does have 650 hp he should have no problem starting at say maybe 40 mph and rollin on from there.
I'm pretty sure that's why so many are giving me a hard time. But then again, so what? If wanted to, he could just blow past a busa in the highway, put the video online, and say they were "racing"...
My point is, the only ones that will know for sure, are the ones that are there, and everyone will know that the race will be on THEIR terms, which are unfair for the busa (Hence, this race is for fun, not to "prove" that a jetta can beat a busa... cause that car is as much a jetta as a busa is a 50cc dirtbike). Also, I will DEFINITELY try a few races. From a stop, a 40 roll, and a 60 roll. (I'd be kinda scared to start from a stop next to a 650 hp car... don't want the cage sliding around into me...)

Anyways, relax guys. This race is not gonna change the world's opinion on the busa. And I am not planning on getting killed anytime soon. I know that going fast is ALWAYS dangerous, but I'll try my best to keep things under control. If I see something I don't like, I have no problem backing out of it.

Back