I hurt my boyfriend's Busa

Screw that... Sounds like he's being a little Beeyotch about it. Things happen, accidents happen, and darnit sounds like he's more worried about paint than you.

So, Take your bike and head home, then find yourself a man who has his priorities straight, who puts you first. THere are a number of eligable single men here on the board who, while they would be upset about a big scratch, would still be more concerned about you and your well being...
biggrin.gif

Screw that...  Sounds like he's being a little Beeyotch about it.  Things happen, accidents happen, and darnit sounds like he's more worried about paint than you.

So, Take your bike and head home, then find yourself a man who has his priorities straight, who puts you first.  THere are a number of eligable single men here on the board who, while they would be upset about a big scratch, would still be more concerned about you and your well being...  
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

I've missed you Rev!
tounge.gif

Sorry about the drop...but, yeah, it happens...best you can do is try to help get it fixed and best he can do is understand it was an accident...
blush.gif

He'll get over it....fix your knee first. If he's ass enough to keep holding it against you, even if you fix it, DUMP HIM! You can do better.....
wink.gif

Check Ebay, ronayers.com, even call the local Suzuki dealer and see what they have. There may even be a used (read: crashed) parts house in your neck of the woods for bike parts. Sometimes a bike gets dropped or crashed, but is only damaged on one side. Here in Costa Mesa we have JC Motors and my buddy Phil....you could still try them, even if you are not in the Los Angeles area. They will ship stuff and regularly sell on Ebay. They would definately be cheaper if they have it. Look their number up on yahoo yellow pages in Costa Mesa. Who knows, you may get lucky. But keep in mind, you should call them every week. They get stuff in everyday, so what they don't have today could come in tomorrow!

Best of luck to ya! Post up with any more questions and I am sure the people here will try their best to help you out...

Here is what happened.... My boyfriend brought my first motorcycle home to me from Smithers where I was getting it fixed up. I just learned how to start off in 1st gear lastnight about 10pm. We were all out stide, I was showing my new found tallent to my parents... I went to put my bike in the garage, and my kickstand came down, but I guess it went back up... My bike took a plunge onto my boyfriend's 2005 Busa. Red and black... It took a pretty good size gash out of the paint in the fearing, and then also a scratch up a little higher. All the damage it on the right side faering (sp).I feel horrible, he hardly talked to me for the rest of the night... I can completly understand, but it was an accident. He doesn't even know that my knee os swollen where I tried to catch the thing from hitting his bike at all. I wish I could take it all back. I know that bike means the world to him. I want to fix it, I just dont know where to go, or how much $ to get... PLEASE HELP!
Just take some naked pictures of yourself next to the bike and post em here. Once he sees them he will forgive you. I'm sure he likes to watch naked women next to bikes.

Here is what happened.... My boyfriend brought my first motorcycle home to me from Smithers where I was getting it fixed up. I just learned how to start off in 1st gear lastnight about 10pm. We were all out stide, I was showing my new found tallent to my parents... I went to put my bike in the garage, and my kickstand came down, but I guess it went back up... My bike took a plunge onto my boyfriend's 2005 Busa. Red and black... It took a pretty good size gash out of the paint in the fearing, and then also a scratch up a little higher. All the damage it on the right side faering (sp).I feel horrible, he hardly talked to me for the rest of the night... I can completly understand, but it was an accident. He doesn't even know that my knee os swollen where I tried to catch the thing from hitting his bike at all. I wish I could take it all back. I know that bike means the world to him. I want to fix it, I just dont know where to go, or how much $ to get... PLEASE HELP!
Just take some naked pictures of yourself next to the bike and post em here.  Once he sees them he will forgive you.  I'm sure he likes to watch naked women next to bikes.
OR, you could do that!
ices_rofl.gif

Damn testosterone around here...
laugh.gif

Yeah, or he'll get even more pissed that there are naked pics of his woman on the net and then beat her or something!

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122018500 -->

You know what? If he was that worried about his busa, he would have either put your bike in the garage for you, or he would have been helping you (i.e. guiding you in the case of a potential tip over). Anyway, when my wife was a brand spankin' new rider, that's what I would do until I felt confident that she had the feel for wheeling her bike around. In any case, tip overs happen. More than likely he'll tip it over or drop it, or get a little too close to something when wheeling it and scrape it, or scrape it with his t-handle hex wrench working on it...et cetera. The point is, like many others have said, it happens. I could see being irritated with the SITUATION for a day or two, but not giving you the cold shoulder. Support for a new rider (like my wife was) is SO important.

Sarah, sounds like your guy has some issues. Although I obviously don't know him, might be that you should "keep your options open" if this doesn't improve or if this is not an isolated incident (i.e., if this is a demonstrated pattern of behavior for him). Good luck, Sara...and for God's sake, please don't pay an arm and a leg to "fix his baby." If ANYTHING, work together to pay for repairs or a new fairing. A relationship isn't necessarily like loaning your friend your bike and he cracks it up...

Jason

the fall off the kickstand is a classic... Happens to all of us someday in our motorcyclist life!!

My recommendation is whenever you get the kickstand out, before letting the weight of the bike sit totally on it i tend to pull the bike backwards a bit to make sure it is all the way forward. And make sure the ground is flat so the bike wont move...
I've been doing that for 30 years now and have (knock on wood) never had a bike fall off the kickstand.......yet.
Just give your boyfriend a "I'm sorry" big ol kiss and hug and he'll forget all about it! I know I would!!
smile.gif
Take care, the peeps here will look after ya!

Well after a long day at work, I also talked to him... He told me that he really wasn't all that mad at me, he was just annoyed. He has had some pretty shitty luck here lately. I think him walking away and kind of ignoring me was the best thing to do in the situation. We talked and he said that smithers can get him a faring and the micron heat shielding stuff. So I will work with him and try to at least help out with the cost the best I can. Things are tight money wise this time of year, espesially getting my first bike, I want to go out and buy all kinds of accesories of it and myself. Thanks for all the advice guys.. Really appriciated!
smile.gif

Good to hear he wasn't that upset about it. Accidents do happen, but with things like this they are definitely recoverable. I would recommend that you call Kathy at (304) 748-2009 or (740) 424-0735. She has great prices on factory stuff of all kinds, especially fairings!

Back