idle problem

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
my idle was setup at 1250 rpm, yesterday I went out for a ride and notice that my rpm  was stock between1850 or 1750 and wont come down, I did turn off the bike and let sit there for 10 min started the bike again and the rpm was at 1250 again but not for long, without doing anything the bike just sitting there the rpm started going up again til it get to 1850, I read a lot of people having problems but none like mine. I know my idle setup screw is in place I glued the MF I know it wont move and i never use my choke lever. I'm looking for vacuum leaks tomorow hopefully is a easy fix.
the bike is a 2003 I got her from bulletrain (train)

<!--EDIT|elmostro
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106009094 -->

rock.gif
I'm sure someone will let you know how to fix this soon
rock.gif

rock.gif

what year is your bike?
is maybe the throttle sticking abit?
try turning it backwards and see if it lowers the idle
weird that it climbs on its own

just wondering why you dont use the high idle level to warm it up?

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106008881 -->

I know is not the cable since without touching the bike it goes from 1250 to 1850.

i mean i use the choke lever but not much I hardly use it, florida is not that cold

<!--EDIT|elmostro
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106009789 -->

Mine's is doing the same, I also have an 03. Have you tried to adjust the throttle? I'll adjust later on tonight & keep you posted on how it turned out.

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106009248 -->

i'm in florida I have no idea but i got her in october I think and she was fine till yesterday that started doing that

My '03 does it, too. I can set the idle at 1,100-1,200 rpm with the engine hot from riding and the next time I ride, it increases by itself to 1,500+. I put a paint mark on the idle adjustment knob and verified the knob isn't rotating from vibration.

Ed

it does it when is warm up, when I get on it hard or just when is sitting in my garage.

Back