Busa is hurting

rdnckjim

Registered
Mainly when Its cold like today it was probably 60-70 didnt have a temp guage so cant pinpoint. But I started it and just tried to move it forward and it was sputtering hard, warmed up and not so bad but it was about to die before I pulled the clutch in when the engine was still cold. So what the heck it going on I thought fuel injection was not supposed to be affected by temperatures at least not these mild ones. Just hit 20,000 on the bike should I check engine meas.? valve shims, timing chain.

All bikes are affected by temp, and at start up. The longer it sits and the Delta between heat up and start up, greatly increases this. I had a Bandit, and it was very, let me repeat VERY cold natured, and did the same thing you are describing after long sits in the garage.

How often do you start the bike?

No reason to believe the valves are out of spec!

Just 2,
Bubba

Battery is fine, already checked it out, I do use fast idle, it was just that I needed to move the bike like 20 down the taxiway and just started it and putted over. It was just when I let the clutch out and started moving it started to die. I just figured that an engine that is fuel injected should'nt be that affected when its cold. As long as it runs fine when warm I guess its good to go. And I ride if everyday as long as there is no ice, wife gets the car I get the bike.

once warmed up at what RPM does the engine idle? The FI system on the bike compensates for coolant temp, intake air temp, intake air pressure, ambient pressure, rpm, voltage, and tps. It does a much better job regardless of the weather conditions than a carb. If your idle is set on the low side it can stall out no matter how smart the FI system may be.

Back