I have a question about stretching

jesusfreak2111

Registered
hey again everyone. I have a question. I am looking into getting the swingarm extensions. The kit I am looking at comes with the blocks, new chain, chain guard, brake bar, and extended brake lines. Do I need anything else? Like to lower it or anything?

Put the kit on first, and then decided from there. Extending it will raise the seat height a little. Depending on your height, you maybe okay.

Thats all you will need, However there is a double edged sword here, Stretch it and the rear will go up and look a little odd, Lower it back to where it looks good and your liable to rub a hole in your undertail under heavy acceleration.

I stretched mine, Lowered the rear, ( Rubbed a hole ) replaced spring with stiffer spring and had the best of both worlds, a stretched lowered busa that didnt rub.

i would contact a sponsor here or lookup up a suspension store like race tech or like and get a spring. they can be had fairly cheap. make sure you are getting a good chain, some kits incude a cheap chain and can break with the busa.

ok thanks for the heads up guys, how about turning, i love dragging my knees. I know i prob wont be able to do that anymore with the stretch, but will i still be able to get through the mountains fairly fast if i only stretch like 6 or so inches?

ok thanks for the heads up guys, how about turning, i love dragging my knees. I know i prob wont be able to do that anymore with the stretch, but will i still be able to get through the mountains fairly fast if i only stretch like 6 or so inches?

my bike is 6 over and it will screw the handling up, how bad seems to be a perception by how fast you can ride normally. its going to slow you down though.

I'm with those guys, it'll slow ya down in the twisties a bit.... give All things Chrome a shout for a stiffer spring to keep the tail and tire as 2 separate parts.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

i've got a link for some eibach springs in various strengths, pm me if you want the info bud. and post pics when you're done

Back