Extensions

Jgalarza

Registered
I have a couple of questions:

Does anyone have swingarm extensions that tie in to the original swingarm? How safe are they and do you recommend them for someone who is doing an extension (4 -6")?

If you have them, did you buy a new chain? or did you extend the chain you have with an additional masterlink?

<!--EDIT|Jgalarza
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154746579 -->

when you do a extention like that thay are bolted to the swing arm and then a new chain is used to cover the sprocket. But not only is there the extentions but there will be the need for a longer rear brake line, and a mount for the brake bar.

I can get you the hole kit for around 550 to 600 to your door for all new parts.

Let me know if your interested.

Josh

there are good ones and "crap" ones...

get a good set and they will work just fine.
a couple of board members make some good ones as well as
Spencer cycles, or exotic cycle.

I went 5 1/2"  and a new chain (about 130 links) you can turn the stock brake line around and get up to a 6 inch stretch

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154751003 -->

i got 2-7 in over ext. came with and ext brake arm. stock brake hose works fine for me. dont add a master to ur old chain. get a new one. i wouldnt use them if i was pushin over 200hp though.

+1 on Psychobusa's thoughts-the ExoticCycle ext. are supposed to be pretty sturdy, but if you plan on over 200hp at the rear wheel, you should really do a full stretched arm-better bracing and can handle the load better. And get a new chain-keep the old one in a ziplock with lube all over it until you go back to normal length or sell it.

(im getn the exotic cycle ext. n a new chain next year and I run about 180 rwhp...dont plan on raising too uch beyond that just tryn to keep the front planted better.

Just get some good ones,Spencer Cycles or Exotic Cycles,DO NOT get the yani shiki brand.:;):

Or you could get an arm from Thompsons.

df.JPG

Back