In Need of a Good Stretch

Enginerd

Registered
Ok fellas, in need of advice once again... I am finally thinking of stretching Gwenivere and I am not sure which way to go. I have seen some nice PLAIN BLACK extensions but I also like the look of a swingarm being made the right length. Is there any way to use an extension with a stock hugger... are their any extended swing arms that would allow for use with my hugger? More importantly, I was thinking in the range of 4-6 inches... 4 inches most likely to give it a stretched look will still keeping some ability to turn and not turning into a total battleship. Any ideas or suggestions? Does anyone have pics of both 4" and 6" swingarm or extension setups? thanks guys!

I can get you a whole swing arm the way you are lookin for around 500 to 600 or extentions for around 450.

Let me know,

Josh

So my hugger would fit the swing arm you speak of. Is this just a modified stock swing arm? I am worried about the integrity of the welds.

it is a built swingarm. Not just extentions weilded in place.

Its a good arm. I know guys racing the hell out of this arm with no problems.

Josh

Here's mine: McIntosh 2"-6" adjustable
DSC_1692.jpg

DSC_1691.jpg

Most huggers (for busas) won't work with a stretched bike because usually the wheel goes back and the hugger does not. So more than likely you won't like the way it looks with the hugger not 'hugging' the rear wheel and you'll take it off anyway.

I would suggest going with extensions first. They are usually a little cheaper, easier to put on and easier to take off if you don't like them or want to change back for some reason. If you decide stretched is where you want to be and you decide to get an arm, you could always sell them too.

There is a board member here that makes his own and they are very nice, other than that, I'd go with Exotic Cycle's extensions or Roaring Toyz extensions (made by Exotic). They can be had for about $350. You'll need a new, longer chain too.

Most huggers (for busas) won't work with a stretched bike because usually the wheel goes back and the hugger does not.  So more than likely you won't like the way it looks with the hugger not 'hugging' the rear wheel and you'll take it off anyway.

I would suggest going with extensions first.  They are usually a little cheaper, easier to put on and easier to take off if you don't like them or want to change back for some reason.  If you decide stretched is where you want to be and you decide to get an arm, you could always sell them too.

There is a board member here that makes his own and they are very nice, other than that, I'd go with Exotic Cycle's extensions or Roaring Toyz extensions (made by Exotic).  They can be had for about $350.  You'll need a new, longer chain too.
I 2ND THAT!!!! DONT BUY A FULL SWINGARM UNLESS YOUR SURE ITS WHAT YOU WANT. IM BUYING EXTENSIONS SO I CAN PULL MINE OUT A FEW INCHES. I KNOW I LIKE THE LOOK IM JUST NOT SURE IM GONNA LIKE THE RIDE SO IM GOING A CHEAPER ROUTE... YOU CAN ALWAYS COME ON HERE LATER AND SELL THOSE EXTENSIONS TO ANOTHER BOARD MEMBER IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. THEN YOUR ONLY OUT A HUNDRED BUCKS OR SO.

very true....im also going to buy the extensions from roaring toyz....4 inches. i love going to the track which is why i need them but i also love the corners too so i decided to just go with 4 inches.

Im going to be selling my extensions i JUST got from Gixx1300r on the board. I paid $300, ill let them go for $250. Just need to wait until my Mac arm gets here before i take them off and sell them. Includes brake arm as well
smile.gif

Don't forget the rear brake line & brake bracket & chain & dot4 & threadlocker & chain lube & patience & cuss jar money & chain tool(or grind & punch) & ...

Im going to be selling my extensions i JUST got from Gixx1300r on the board. I paid $300, ill let them go for $250. Just need to wait until my Mac arm gets here before i take them off and sell them. Includes brake arm as well
smile.gif
This would be the way to go . Gixx1300r makes the best extentions and stands behind his work . I would not get a new arm unless you wanted to go more than 4" out .

smile.gif
This would be the way to go . Gixx1300r makes the best extentions and stands behind his work . I would not get a new arm unless you wanted to go more than 4" out .
smile.gif

Arm showed up today, and will be going on this weekend. Hopefully someone will want to pick these extensions up! Everyone that sees them says that they are some of the beefiest extensions they have seen. Hell they held up to a 1.4560ft on a 64" bike, they are good in my book. Awesome pieces!

smile.gif

Back