how much wind is 2 much?

28999258_ebf367b222_o.jpg

I have to tuck under my wind screen when the wind is blowing to hard if not it puts strain on your body and tires me out quick

20-25 mph is to much for me. I feel like all I'm doing is fighting the bike. It's just not enjoyable to me when your riding 60 mph with 20-25 mph wind gusts...No fun.

30mph and over has me thinking twice about going out. It's always the crosswinds on bridges..etc that are hairy.

25mph is about it on a long ride that wind will tear you up. i'll come home from a ride and want to go stright to bed.

gone up to 60 mph winds in FL. That was not fun. 40 is my limit but I prefer 5-10 if i am going up to the top end.

25 MPH wind is miserable if you are in the open...now if you are on back roads where you have some trees, etc blocking some of the windshear...it is not too bad. Open interstate with over 25mph winds will wear a person out.

Today is beautiful. But there is 25 mph wind ssw. I want to ride. Would you? Living in Oklahoma i may be a lil more acclimated than some.
thanks
michael
25 gust to 35 was almost everyday when I lived in Altus and I still rode, just had to be prepared when passing a larger vehicle that blocked off the wind momentarily.

all great replies
thanks
i rode and i almost broke the 20k mark on my 07. I would have kept riding just 2 break 20k but i had 2 go 2 work.

Never didn't ride b/c of wind, but I'm sure there's breaking point...I just haven't encoutered it yet. I'm certain that I've ridden in 25+ mph winds but never for greater than commuting distances. I would guess that somewhere in the 40+ 50+ range I'd start thinkin' about taking the cage and for anything 50+ miles I'd want even less wind.

I don't like riding in 25+mph winds. I have, but it's more work than fun to me.
I got caught in a storm one time on another bike I had. Trying to get home from work and the wind was blowing broken pieces of tree branches across the road. Dunno how hard the wind actually was (way over 25mph!), but I was sure glad to get home.

Here in Vegas the wind is now a regular thing....my best riding in highest winds was 35-45 with gusts to 70...yes 70, on the freeway no less, now THAT.....was a bumpy ride....After a while, it's just a little extra work, but nothing you can't accommodate. :super: Makes you really appreciate the mellow days I tell ya ! After a while the wind-anxiety goes away and it's just a little bumpy....

Back