how many miles do u guys get out of the rear tire?

(NoFearSpear @ Jul. 26 2007,23:17) If your getting more than 6k out of the rear you should be on a Goldwing.

SHOCKED.gif
but I can't cruise at 130+ on a goldwing.yes I said cruise

(Revvv @ Jul. 25 2007,20:44) For some reason I feel lucky to see a tire get 1500 miles on it. I guess playing every week at the drag strip will do that though.
C'mon Revvv....duh! you think?

Pirelli Diablos - 2400 on rear - SUCKED
Pilot Powers - 5K no problem
PP 2ct - still on?

No burnouts, only twisties.

With those Avon Viper Sports and the Storms, do they get better traction and handle better than the stock tires? I want something that will at least last as long as the stockers, but will give me a little more confidence in the turns. This applies to any other brand actually, Pirelli's, Metzler, Bridgestone, whatever...

If I went through tires that quickly, I wouldn't even bother riding!
laugh.gif
I'd just get sick of buying tires and paying a shop to mount 'em
wink.gif

I got 8500 out of my rear stock tire...I'm at 10,500+ miles on a Dunlop rear tire, but it's showing threads now and needs to be replaced ASAP...

I guess I'll go ahead and finally replace the front tire too...it's stock, nearly 20,000
laugh.gif
You guys are too rough on tires!
all_coholic.gif

laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Jul. 27 2007,06:25) If I went through tires that quickly, I wouldn't even bother riding!  
laugh.gif
 I'd just get sick of buying tires and paying a shop to mount 'em  
wink.gif

I got 8500 out of my rear stock tire...I'm at 10,500+ miles on a Dunlop rear tire, but it's showing threads now and needs to be replaced ASAP...

I guess I'll go ahead and finally replace the front tire too...it's stock, nearly 20,000  
laugh.gif
 You guys are too rough on tires!  
all_coholic.gif
Maybe but we dont use your secret of wrapping our tires in TP  
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

I got a spare set of rims live 60 miles from a shop
.Have a new set mounted on them so I dont have to got to cycle shop to get them mounted and balanced
Cuts down on down time due to worn out tires.

"If your getting more than 6k out of the rear you should be on a Goldwing"

Thought that was funny as hell...& btw, coming back from bike week in Daytona just a few months ago, there was a goldwing cruising with us at about 110 the whole way..He did look a bit more comfortable during that two hour trip
tounge.gif

I've been running Pilot Powers & I'm lucky to get 3k out of them. I guess it all depends on the roads you ride on. Down here in florida the roads are grainy & they get very very hot, so im sure that wears them down faster too.

(Busa204 @ Jul. 27 2007,15:14) "If your getting more than 6k out of the rear you should be on a Goldwing"
Comments like that don't bother me...I'm not the one blowing tons of money on tires
laugh.gif

wink.gif

10800 mi. on my stock rear. No burnouts But I wouldn't say I babied the throttle. To clarify, at 10800 miles, there are wires showing down the center.... I better get a new one.

It just freaks me out to hear about guys (or Gals) getting 10k out of the stock BT56's. I couldn't pull that off if I loaded my busa in a truck and hauled it around for 6500 miles.
laugh.gif

It seems like I only get around 2500 miles out a rear no what tire I'm using. Probably just my riding style. I think my problem is that I get to much wheel spin.

I have 6400 miles on my stock BT 56 on my 06. It should have been replaced a while ago, but it has lasted. A couple of burnouts, and some hard acceleration. I am putting on the same tire before spring. The front BT 56 still has lots of life in it, so I will slap on another rear. On my last bike (R1) I tried a contenental Road attack that did well for wearing.

Back