how many miles do u guys get out of the rear tire?

dentonbusa

Registered
tried many different brands of tires. Can't get no more than 5,000 miles on rear tire. I am 5'10" 245lbs.
I run 42psi and rear and front tire I ride easy to moderate, no burnouts. Best tire I have found so far is conti roadattack. 5,200 out of that one.
I ride alot, have had my bike 18 months.
17,000 miles so far on bike. (bought new)
looking for a tire that will give me 7,000 + miles or more.
With easy riding

Rear tires-
BT56: 2900miles(worn out)
M3: 4200 miles(down to wear bars but still useable)
Z6: 4000 miles and counting (perhaps 50% tread left)

Front tires-
BT56- 2900 miles (replaced with 70% tread left)
M3- 7000 miles(down to wear bars but still useable tread left)
M3- 2000 miles and counting

My first BT56 rear went about 6000 miles and was well into the wear bars.

About 2 weeks ago I put on my Avon Viper Sports and they're incredible. The bike feels like it lost 100 lbs vs. the BT56s. I'm hoping to get 6 or 7K out of the rear.

The BT56 they replaced was my second one and it had 5K on it and at least 1K left in it. The disturbing part was my original front BT56 with 11K miles on it. Tread was still good but upon close inspection I noticed bad cracks between the treads! Doubt it's dry rot as the bike is 3 years old and there is nothing on top or the sidewalls, just inside the grooves.

Hey Bro you are the same height and weight as me and I run regular PP's and I got 8200 miles out of my set. I might have been able to get 8500 out of them if I would have not done a couple burn outs at the end.

About 4500 each on 2 stock rear tires.

8800 miles on a Metzeler Z6, it is about shot but 9K is impressive. I will be stay with the Z6s.

Got 4,000 out of the stock BT56 rear and that was with the cords just peaking through.

The Metzler M3 rear has almost 4,000 and looks like it has another 2,000 left...50% improvement over stock!

NOTE: I'm running the M3 w/ a little less psi (38) and had the BT56 between 40-42.

I have 700 miles on stock and back tire is over half gone already! no burn outs just alot of twisty's
jump9.gif

Worst: Pirelli SC III's in SC-0 compound - 1500 miles (but stuck to the road miles!!

Best: Pilot Powers - 6200 miles.
wow.gif
The guys I ride with say I got 2200 out of the center, and 2,000 on each side (let;s just say I didn't do much slabbing during the time I was running that tire
cool.gif
)

Figure for 3K is about average on a rear... anything after that is "bonus miles"

For some reason I feel lucky to see a tire get 1500 miles on it. I guess playing every week at the drag strip will do that though.

Most I ever got is 2800 on a conti road attack. I've tried most others and they rande between 1800 and 2200 miles.
The milage you guys post seems incrediable. I dont do any burnouts run around 35 psi do a lot of top end runs and a lot of playing. but never got that kind of milage.
Thats great
bowdown.gif

Back