Rear Tire Life With A Supercharger Fitted.

bigdev

Registered
Rear Tire life with a supercharger :race: (Road Bike)

Since fitting the new tires front and rear (Michelin Pilot Power 2CT TL) on the 15th April 2017 they have done approx. 850 miles and the rear has around 2 mm of tread left on the centre. The legal minimum in the UK is 1.5 mm but in my experience 2 mm is about as low as I like to go because they start white lining and spinning up, so I will be changing it this coming weekend. Some of the wear took in a (short lol) period of running in and a few bouts of wet weather riding so all in all my original estimate of around 700 miles wasn't too far out. The front tire is wearing out faster than I anticipated because I forgot I would be braking a lot more and a lot harder :bounce: but I have no figures for that yet but will let you know about it when the front's due a change :thumbsup:

you blew through a rear in 700 miles driving on streets?

Is there such a thing as tire life on a supercharged or turbo bike???
I dont think so!
FAIL

If I get 3-4k on a stock (with full Yoshi) gen2 doing 189 wrhp, 700 miles doesn't seem like a surprise for your beast to me. That's a lot of tires though!

you blew through a rear in 700 miles driving on streets?
Not as bad as 700 Viper, I managed 845 but yea, I'm a bit heavy handed on my QA throttle and in England, where there is a white sign with a black diagonal stripe thru it, when I was a lad, it meant speed limit unlimited, so.....it kinda still does to me although I did hear a rumour that since 1972 it means statutory speed limit applies unless posted otherwise, which is 60mph on A and B roads, 70 mph on dual carriageways and motorways but.........I'm pretty sure it's just a rumour :laugh::race:

national-speed-limit-sign.jpg

If I get 3-4k on a stock (with full Yoshi) gen2 doing 189 wrhp, 700 miles doesn't seem like a surprise for your beast to me. That's a lot of tires though!
I sorted out a discount with my local tire supplier, £10 a tire off making the rear £110 :laugh:

Legal limit in uk is 1mm across 3/4 tyre width but as you say by 2mm the tyre is almost shot

850 miles is not a long ways but I'm sure it was a lot of fun. :banana:

Laws on tires?? Good thing they are looking out for your safety. Who else would.

850 miles is not a long ways but I'm sure it was a lot of fun. :banana:

Laws on tires?? Good thing they are looking out for your safety. Who else would.
Oh it was fun with a capital F Mathew and yes, whilst personally I wouldn't ride or drive with bald tires there are plenty who would and do. When I was in New Mexico in 2015 there was a Harley parked at the hotel I was staying in with a rear tyre completely down to the canvas. I asked my Son about it and he said that it's legal but if there was an accident and the tyre was found to be a contributing factor then he would probably be charged for it.
Here in England if your tyres aren't within the specs laid down by law you get a £100 fine and 3 points on your license per tyre (the maximum points allowed on your licence is 12 then you get banned).

Back