How many listen to tunes while riding

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
How many listen to radio/ipod while riding? Got an XM radio for when I ride. Anybody else do something like this? Or is this a bad thing?

I listen to a MP3. I do keep the volume low to where I can still here what is going on around me. Just barely above ear plugs me thinks....

I do - everytime I ride... not XM radio, but an MP3 player.

Alot of people will chime and talk about the dangers of distraction and being able to hear for situational awareness. I don't disagree with them, you just have to find your level of comfort.

Hope that helps?

Not me. I prefer to listen to the bike. It's like music to my ears.
wink.gif

Been listening to music on bikes for over 20 years now .....I just keep it turned down when in the city. I've used tape players, cd players, walkmans and currently an IPod.
super.gif

Been wanting to desperately, especially after that run to Deal's Gap...miles and miles of just hearing the Harleys I was riding with really got to me, so Mike bought me a Sansa 2GB MP3 player, upped the ear buds to an awesome set of BOSE...
super.gif

I haven't tested the set up yet, but I'm really excited about finally having some tunes when on those longer rides...probably just put one ear bud in so I can still hear things around me, keep it low...we'll see...
smile.gif

(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,15:00) Been wanting to desperately, especially after that run to Deal's Gap...miles and miles of just hearing the Harleys I was riding with really got to me, so Mike bought me a Sansa 2GB MP3 player, upped the ear buds to an awesome set of BOSE...  
super.gif

I haven't tested the set up yet, but I'm really excited about finally having some tunes when on those longer rides...probably just put one ear bud in so I can still hear things around me, keep it low...we'll see...
smile.gif
I have the same player, the radio works very well - but when you use the memory and shuffle (especially with a memory stick) it really sucks down the battery. Make sure you carry extra for long rides!

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 05 2007,15:57) I do -  everytime I ride... not XM radio, but an MP3 player.

Alot of people will  chime and talk about the dangers of distraction and being able to hear for situational awareness.  I don't disagree with them, you just have to find your level of comfort.

Hope that helps?
Was wandering after reading the 50 things thread. One of the things was "leave Ipod at home." It breaks up the monotony on the "Iron Butt" rides

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 05 2007,16:05)
(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,15:00) Been wanting to desperately, especially after that run to Deal's Gap...miles and miles of just hearing the Harleys I was riding with really got to me, so Mike bought me a Sansa 2GB MP3 player, upped the ear buds to an awesome set of BOSE...  
super.gif

smile.gif
I have the same player, the radio works very well - but when you use the memory and shuffle (especially with a memory stick) it really sucks down the battery.  Make sure you carry extra for long rides!
I've been loading it up with MP3's because Mike said it's got a 30 hour battery? Hrmmm...must research that...thanks Shawn...

(ToyKraz @ Jan. 05 2007,15:57) Not me. I prefer to listen to the bike. It's like music to my ears.  
wink.gif
+1 A large part of motorcycling for me is to hear the engine. Gives me goose bumps

(monster @ Jan. 05 2007,16:08)
(ToyKraz @ Jan. 05 2007,15:57) Not me. I prefer to listen to the bike. It's like music to my ears.
wink.gif
+1 A large part of motorcycling for me is to hear the engine. Gives me goose bumps
+2
Would rather hear the engine any day.

(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,16:07)
super.gif

smile.gif
I have the same player, the radio works very well - but when you use the memory and shuffle (especially with a memory stick) it really sucks down the battery.  Make sure you carry extra for long rides!
I've been loading it up with MP3's because Mike said it's got a 30 hour battery?  Hrmmm...must research that...thanks Shawn...
XM has about a 4 hour battery life. Gonna install a cig. lighter type outlet under the hump

(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,15:07)
super.gif

smile.gif
I've been loading it up with MP3's because Mike said it's got a 30 hour battery?  Hrmmm...must research that...thanks Shawn...
Mine doesn't have an internal battery, it runs off of one AAA...

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 05 2007,16:17)
(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,15:07)
super.gif

smile.gif
Mine doesn't have an internal battery, it runs off of one AAA...
I'm guessing (hoping) that mine does...Mike said the main reason he bought that particular model was because of the battery life...I'll check it when I get home...
smile.gif

smile.gif

ipod gets turned on once I'm out of the city and at highway speed - at crusing speed I can't hear other cars over wind and engine noise anyway, and everything goes visual at that point.

When riding on the backroad (twisties) no doubt about it, no music for the Playa. I'm to busy getting into the groove throwing Medusa big ole z55 around those tight turns. When on those long stretches of highway trying to get from point A to B 300 or more miles I like listening to some of my favorite beats.

I listen to my IPOD while I am riding, I crank it up loud so I dont have to hear my exhaust.

I have it plugged into my chatter box so I can easily switch from my IPOD to my cell phone incase I have to make a phone call or receive a pjhone call when I ride.

Of course both get muted if anyone tries to communicate with me on the radio

(Rhythm @ Jan. 05 2007,17:22) When riding on the backroad (twisties) no doubt about it, no music for the Playa. I'm to busy getting into the groove throwing Medusa big ole z55 around those tight turns. When on those long stretches of highway trying to get from point A to B 300 or more miles I like listening to some of my favorite beats.
+1 Chuuuuurch!!

(heavybusa @ Jan. 05 2007,14:35)
(Rhythm @ Jan. 05 2007,17:22) When riding on the backroad (twisties) no doubt about it, no music for  the Playa. I'm to busy getting into the groove throwing Medusa big ole z55 around those tight turns.  When on those long stretches of highway trying to get from point A to B 300 or more miles I like listening to some of my favorite beats.
+1 Chuuuuurch!!
Can I get a woo woo ?
super.gif
biggrin.gif

Back