how many 200 mile per

Taken mine up around 160-165. Fast enough. All the fun, for me at least, is between 0 and 150. I'm thinkin 16/42 is comin' soon:D

Six day's ago i got a chance to top it out-- abit of a side wind-very slight down hill--- now get this
Altitude ---- 8000 feet-- and a 2 mile straightaway...
I shifted from 5th to 6th @ around 10K revs... should have left it in 5th. Still a big rush and a speed not to be ashamed of @ 55 years young.
biggrin.gif

100_1143.JPG

I will re-gear for a top speed run when I can get to salt lake . My wedding stopped me this year! I will break the 200mph!

I have a 2000 busa w/ Yoshimurs RS3 exhaust, 16 / 42 gears, pcII w/ custom mapping, which gives me 192.5 hp. I'm planning on lowering it and doing cams this winter. I've had my baby up to 190ish on the street. I know I shouldn't but open straight away road(1 mile +) with no cars and I can't help myself I JUST TWIST! I plan on doing a official track or strip run next year.

I hit just over 180 on mine today totally stock and the speedo hasnt been healed. So I guess more like 160. Still felt very fast. I need somewhere I dont have to worry about the police and traffic. Ive had a ticket for 120 and it was bad enough well it was actually 5 tickets. I have been dying to tell someone.

(luvridin @ Oct. 01 2006,21:16) I hit just over 180 on mine today totally stock and the speedo hasnt been healed. So I guess more like 160. Still felt very fast. I need somewhere I dont have to worry about the police and traffic. Ive had a ticket for 120 and it was bad enough well it was actually 5 tickets. I have been dying to tell someone.
So was that 5 tickets for 24mph each? Just doing the math here...5x24=120..

jk

I had my speedometer just over 180 so does that mean that I was only doing around 160mph? Don't have a GPS so I can only go by speedo for now. I am amazed at how quickly it gets over 120 mph!

(1 BAD 2K @ Sep. 07 2006,11:57) I have a 2000 busa w/ Yoshimurs RS3 exhaust, 16 / 42 gears, pcII w/ custom mapping, which gives me 192.5 hp. I'm planning on lowering it and doing cams this winter. I've had my baby up to 190ish on the street. I know I shouldn't but open straight away road(1 mile +) with no cars and I can't help myself I JUST TWIST! I plan on doing a official track or strip run next year.
You might want to check your numbers because something isn't right UNLESS you are talking FLY WHEEL HP.  No way is that rear wheel....  
rock.gif

Also 16/42 gearing won't get the bike anywhere close to 190.
lurk.gif

(JROCK @ Nov. 01 2006,15:53) DID 200.8MPH AT MAXTON THIS WEEKEND
bowdown.gif

Congrats JROCK

I'd like to try it some time at the Texas mile. Have to find a few ponies to make it happen though!

197 and cannot get past it..... argh.... need more power, lighten my busa or diet my 236 pound azz.....
rant.gif

We got 206 at maxton in oct, my girl friend Trillium was the pilot, fastest women at Maxton. Will try for fastest women in the world in march 07....???

(Ninja Eater @ Feb. 19 2004,09:40)
(streaker00 @ Feb. 18 2004,10:07) I'm a newbie to the "top speed " thing. How much HP does it actually take for someone(me) to hit 200mph on a busa? I'm 195 #'s @ 5'10". I might have to give it a try this year.
Your weight and height are fine.  It is not the HP, but how quick you have to get up to speed.  You can gear any Busa with a clear runway of 6 miles and get there, but tht is not going to happen.  So then the Hp comes in to play.  I would say you are looking at about 171hp with about 2 miles.  Also depends if you want to gerar it for just top end and then have a dog on the bottom.  How often you going to go 200mph?  200hp will get you to 200mph (again with gearing etc.) in about 1.5 miles.  250hp in about a mile and 310hp will get you there in 8/10's of a mile.   there areso many variables to your question.  The best thing to do is read all you can find in this site on HP geraring etc.
Hey, I'll measure it today, but I'm pegging my '06 in half a mile. Have GPS need to figure out how to make it a speedometer. 
poke.gif

Back