Holy wheel spin Batman....Ceramic Bearings and Carrozzeria Wheels

"Larry McBride's 1000hp Top Fuel motorcycle has over 25 Ceramic Hybrid Bearings in it for over 5 seasons with zero failures. If our Ceramics will hold up in Larry's Top Fuel bike they will hold up anywhere. We now offer Ceramic Hybrid kits for all popular street bikes as well as 2 and 4 Stroke Motocross bikes. Email us with any questions about kit availability for your bike. "

Last edited:
After see the rest of the comments on this thread, it has gone from an interesting topic to a pissing contest. Bashing someone for posting something they thought was of interest is just as much poor form as calling someone out for spending money with them (especially when listing the amount) and berating them for it.

Use the ignore feature, or just don't comment on it. It will be a better place when we can all learn to bite our tongues a bit more.

"The analysis of test-stand experiments and experience shows that there are different limit loads and speeds depending on the lubrication condition. The influence of changing operating conditions needs to be estimated as well. A statement regarding the lifetime of a bearing can, therefore, often only be obtained through testing. However, our experience showed that a hybrid or full ceramic bearing may have a factor of 2–100× longer lifetime than a standard bearing."

P.S. The more you spout in your defense, then more you post looks like it's just an attempt to market your products harder. Nothing more. Attacking someone for disagreeing propagates that image even more.

State you case, and move on.

After see the rest of the comments on this thread, it has gone from an interesting topic to a pissing contest. Bashing someone for posting something they thought was of interest is just as much poor form as calling someone out for spending money with them (especially when listing the amount) and berating them for it.

Use the ignore feature, or just don't comment on it. It will be a better place when we can all learn to bite our tongues a bit more.

I was not bashing and I do not care who knows if I spent $1600 for wheels and another $400 for bearings... but it would appear that you do care..

I was commenting that the benefit of the purchase is questionable for most guys on street bikes.. (sort of looking after our own as I have 30 years of racing behind me..)

I have never had a wheel bearing fail on a street bike (as of yet) but then again I am not McBride with a 240 mph+ 5 second drag bike.. (and that thing is a screamer if you have not seen it in person)

P.S. The more you spout in your defense, then more you post looks like it's just an attempt to market your products harder. Nothing more. Attacking someone for disagreeing propagates that image even more.

State you case, and move on.

I am now using the ignore feature thank you. I wish they were MY products I sell them just like the rest of the market........and I use or test everything I sell unlike some retailers.

Last edited:
I have BST wheels and Worldwide bearings in one of my turbo bikes..that combo is hard to beat..taking off the rotational mass and making the bike easier to roll is great, then you still have nice lQQking wheels as an added Bonus.

Dave at WWB (World Wide Bearing) is tops in my book!:bowdown:

John

The problem lies in the fact that people look for some sort of gain or worth for purchasing performance parts. When you use a certain way of quantifying a performance gain or loss, you believe something works or does not work especially when that part is goin to only give a slight change. But we as consumers feel we deserve more than expected. We as consumers just like to ***** about any and everything if it doesn't meet our expectations. We also rely on our 'Butt' dynos which may or may not give accurate information. Perspective, the human flaw.

I have BST wheels and Worldwide bearings in one of my turbo bikes..that combo is hard to beat..taking off the rotational mass and making the bike easier to roll is great, then you still have nice lQQking wheels as an added Bonus.

Dave at WWB (World Wide Bearing) is tops in my book!:bowdown:

John

I respect and trust Dave as well. He said when we blow up our Turbo 14 motor he has bearings for us to test on the rebuild...its two years old now sooner or later I will take him up on it for now the wheel bearings work great...

Over 400 hours of R&D one of the fastest 14's in the world.... two decals.... Avon and WWB..just finished the lastest upgrades...

DSCF1113-2.jpg

Good view for the ZX-14 competition...we have a ways to go to catch up to the Busa.... but why not try. :beerchug: Just a MOM and POP shop... :whistle:

DSCF1123-2.jpg

Hey Greg hows that intercooler workin out for ya? I remember awhile back when you were just setting it up I believe. I know that isnt really a street bike but do you ever have charging issues with that bike. What type of water pump are you using for the intercooler. I've got a bosch pump that they use on Ford Lightinings and Cobras thats a pig and it sucks the juice.

Last edited:
Hey Greg hows that intercooler workin out for ya? I remember awhile back when you were just setting it up I believe. I know that isnt really a street bike but do you ever have charging issues with that bike. What type of water pump are you using for the intercooler. I've got a bosch pump that they use on Ford Lightinings and Cobras thats a pig and it sucks the juice.
Its the forth one we are testing, the first three were just not large enough for the Garrett GT35R. This one is rated for 600 HP and it appears to be the one. I tried several pumps and settled on a NOS wet nitrous system fuel pump. It has low amp draw, self priming and moves the water just right and its small. With the plastics on everything fits pretty good. I am happy with the finished product and that is not an easy thing for me. We are also working on a air to air unit that fits behind the front cowl. If that works the water to air will be made the same way, to fit in the nose. Adding a Speed Cell from Orient Express helps with any power issues.

Last edited:
Back