Holy wheel spin Batman....Ceramic Bearings and Carrozzeria Wheels

so you have the wheel mounted to the wheel balancer? isnt the shaft on the balancer spinning?

How it was rigged with center cone dowls on the left/right bearings the shaft should be totally static but it is rotating but there is nothing driving the wheel. Its a driveless balancer works of hand power only.

Last edited:
Thats pretty interesting for a free spin with nothing attached. Put a caliper and some pads on it and see how the roll goes. Don't get me wrong, still impressive:beerchug:

Would be interesting to see a vid of a regular bearing for comparison. I think someone posted a vid like that a long time ago. Maybe I can find it.

Thats pretty interesting for a free spin with nothing attached. Put a caliper and some pads on it and see how the roll goes. Don't get me wrong, still impressive:beerchug:

Well when it comes to pads i have not friction. I spred my appart before i run. every little bit helps when it comes to lsr.:thumbsup:

Well when it comes to pads i have not friction. I spred my appart before i run. every little bit helps when it comes to lsr.:thumbsup:
about the only place these bearings are really worth the costs IMO , LSR or heads up run what ya brung drag racing..... $400 is a ton of $$ for bearings that make no difference on the average bikes performance.. (taking into consideration fat riders, traffic, etc)

sure makes for fun video however..

I've got Carrozerrias and ceramic bearings. The only real difference in performance is in turning into corners. A lot quicker in the turns. If you get that same wheel with regular bearings what do you think will happen? That's the only way to see any difference. Once the chain is off and/or brake pads are not causing any friction, you'd be surprised how regular bearings fare.

Do the lighter wheels, lighter brake rotors(full floating style), ceramic bearings, titanium rotor bolts and light tires, and the Busa will feel more like a litre bike when it comes to corner carving. I've done it all and it feels real nice now on the street. But straight line, well, I am sure it helps as I shaved off 13lbs total on the wheels/rotors/etc not to mention any rotational advantages.

Last edited:
I have had every wheel made...for the price the VSTAR's with a 7lbs (1- front 6- rear) with stock rotors or more with lightweight rotors and light rubber is a great deal. 7lbs of rotational mass times (in theory) 4lbs is about 28lbs freed from the drive line.

If you are overweight lose about 25-30 lbs it will have the same effect or better.

I've got Carrozerrias and ceramic bearings. The only real difference in performance is in turning into corners. A lot quicker in the turns. If you get that same wheel with regular bearings what do you think will happen? That's the only way to see any difference. Once the chain is off and/or brake pads are not causing any friction, you'd be surprised how regular bearings fare.

Do the lighter wheels, lighter brake rotors(full floating style), ceramic bearings, titanium rotor bolts and light tires, and the Busa will feel more like a litre bike when it comes to corner carving. I've done it all and it feels real nice now on the street. But straight line, well, I am sure it helps as I shaved off 13lbs total on the wheels/rotors/etc not to mention any rotational advantages.
I think spinning just a wheel and tire vs the actual mass the bearing carries is a bit mis-leading..

You have the weight of the bike and rider rolling on the bearing in the real world adding to the "mass" it must carry.. if you only had the weight of the wheel and tire to worry about, it might make a noticeable difference.. My guess is that you would have a tough time figuring out which bike had ceramic bearings and standard bearings (I have tried both myself and sorry I put out the $$.. Could have bought a set of race tires instead)

This sort of seems like an "infomercial" with Billy Mays.. RIP... :)

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see a vid of a regular bearing for comparison. I think someone posted a vid like that a long time ago. Maybe I can find it.

I posted one of my bike here before. It is also on youtube. I did it early last year. I can't get to it from here but a search for Ceramic Bearings should find it.

The stock bearings were with a stock wheel and the ceramics were with my Marvic. A few cried foul about the heavier stock wheel. The heavier wheel would have spun even longer with ceramics than the lighter Marvic because of the flywheel effect.

I've ran them on sprint cars. You can tell the difference pushing the car on the shop floor with ceramics. Not to mention how much it lowers the rear end temps.

I think spinning just a wheel and tire vs the actual mass the bearing carries is a bit mis-leading..

It is misleading. But not in the way you are suggesting. The friction reduction is even more dramatic with a load than without.

It is misleading. But not in the way you are suggesting. The friction reduction is even more dramatic with a load than without.
my point is the amount of benefit to the "street rider" or even "bracket racers" ..
I have run both bearing types and on the ground, I could really not tell you which was which.. (I did NOT ET the bike at the drag strip however and this could be an issue on a heads up bike)

challenge would be to put the same bike on both sets of bearings and run them.. I think spreading the brake pads before the run is going to have far more effect on the ET than the bearings..

I think also if you run a "non sealed" bearing it will work better too (sticktion from the seal) I know the ones I have seen used are open, and are also cleaned and re-lubed every run with ultra light lubricant..

I is just my opinion that the $400 for most guys could really be spent a lot better if performance is the goal.. This is a 1% upgrade that maybe a pro-stock, LSR record bike would use...

You have the weight of the bike and rider rolling on the bearing in the real world adding to the "mass" it must carry.. if you only had the weight of the wheel and tire to worry about, it might make a noticeable difference.. My guess is that you would have a tough time figuring out which bike had ceramic bearings and standard bearings (I have tried both myself and sorry I put out the $$.. Could have bought a set of race tires instead)

This sort of seems like an "infomercial" with Billy Mays.. RIP... :)
Not sure why you spent over $1600.00 with me on a set of Galespeed wheels you could have powder coated your stockers if rotational mass or weight reduction does not matter. You could have dropped 60 lbs.......... :poke: some people like what they like just because and that is frankly none of your business to question that. Its almost like asking why someone would by a Saleen Mustang to drive on the street, who cares except the guy who can't buy one.

Last edited:
Not sure why you spent over $1600.00 with me on a set of Galespeed wheels you could have powder coated your stockers if rotational mass or weight reduction does not matter. You could have dropped 60 lbs.......... :poke: some people like what they like just because and that is frankly none of your business to question that.
Wheels and bearings are 2 different things... I bought wheels more based on appearance than anything.. they came with a "standard" bearing that I ran. I replaced the "standard" bearing with the "Ceramics" and did not notice a thing as far as I could tell.. brake drag on the rotors on the other hand is most noticeable and not sure what the issue is there.. guessing the seals are not "rocking" to pull the pistons back ..

the advantage of less rotational mass/unsprung weight are more than documented... which of these are you saying the bearings fix?

Wheels and bearings are 2 different things... I bought wheels more based on appearance than anything.. they came with a "standard" bearing that I ran. I replaced the "standard" bearing with the "Ceramics" and did not notice a thing as far as I could tell.. brake drag on the rotors on the other hand is most noticeable and not sure what the issue is there.. guessing the seals are not "rocking" to pull the pistons back ..

the advantage of less rotational mass/unsprung weight are more than documented... which of these are you saying the bearings fix?
Call my wife, she will argue with you and I can get Dave from World Wide bearings to argue with you all day about bearings.

He seems to sell thousands of these bearings to race teams...look at the AMA videos from this past weekend almost all the top finishers had his bearings in their BST wheels are they needed heck no, do they have them YES. DO they take a better beating the jury says yes. I guess they could have saved the money for race gas but they did not...............now can you go start a thread on your own bearing testing, done on your bike at a RACE track. PLEASE I am sure the responses will be few.

Last edited:
111608a.jpg

Back