Hayabusa track bike

I have two sets...one for my Gen1 and one for my CBR1000...I use both bikes as track bikes. The aluminum is more durable...when I bought them the price difference was about $400 a set...the weight difference is only about 1 ounce and that weight is in the hub...not worth a extra $400 to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, so buy the street version and powdercoat the hubs black then:laugh::beerchug:

I have two sets...one for my Gen1 and one for my CBR1000...I use both bikes as track bikes. The aluminum is more durable...when I bought them the price difference was about $400 a set...the weight difference is only about 1 ounce and that weight is in the hub...not worth a extra $400 to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow. $400 extra?
Cost me under 100... :whistle:

Thanks, so buy the street version and powdercoat the hubs black then:laugh::beerchug:

Problem is hubs don't come apart so you'd have to just paint them...

:rofl:

We were thinking the same thing at the same time, but you typed faster than I did! :thumbsup:

I have a Busa track bike myself...they tend to draw an audience...until I twist the throttle and shoe away the flies. :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Where did u get the bodywork from? Very nice work btw!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks!

I created the fairings myself...

BUsatrackbike130810.jpg

07082010025.jpg

07082010034.jpg

Busatail2.jpg

Busatail210610a.jpg

31082010.jpg

DSC_00094small.jpg

DSC_00123small.jpg

140910sideunfinished.jpg

...and next on the cards are these...

CFgoodies4.jpg

oh god that is a sexy track bike. ill trade you my SRAD track bike for it.:whistle: but seriously nice work i would love to have another busa for a track bike

Great work so far Pan! Have you done anything to the suspension? Raydog

That's just beautiful!
I thought for a few moments about doing something like that with mine since all the plastic was needing replaced. But the want for a street bike made me give up on the pure track bike idea.

Great work so far Pan! Have you done anything to the suspension? Raydog

Yes. The front forks are off a 2008 GSXR1000, with internals rebuilt using Ohlins-equivalent specs (too stiff for road use now).

The rear shock is stock, but was re-valved and re-sprung for race use as well.

There are also (obviously) radial brakes with the GSXR front end, though master cylinder is stock and works well enough. I also have an after-market steering damper.

Finally, the Carbon fibre Hayabusa track bike is (nearly) ready!

Just the front fender and some stickers to go... (though I'm sure I'll find something else to do to it in the future)

Busatrackbikecarbon.jpg

Busatrackbikecarbon1.jpg

Busatrackbikecarbon2.jpg

Busatrackbikecarbon3.jpg

Busatrackbikecarbon4.jpg

BusatrackbikecarbonandRoadie.jpg

BusatrackbikecarbonandRoadie1.jpg

BusatrackbikecarbonandRoadie2.jpg

BusatrackbikecarbonandRoadie3.jpg

Holy crap! I am sure CF looks awesome in person. Now, about that pipe - you gotta change it to CF - then it will be stunning! :bowdown:

I am also curious to know how much that bodywork set you back? Let me guess - $3700?

Me likely; you must have made a master mold off the OEM parts?

OK, you've had a lot of time to weigh it....how much?

Back