Hayabusa track bike

After years of fun, it's gone. The Hayabusa trackbike is sold. It's gone to another Australian Hayabusa Club member who said he will keep it as a track bike (quite a few wanted to part it out or convert it to a drag bike)

On to my next Hayabusa project (following in raydog's footprints...)

Sad to see them go.
Sold my 05 today as well.
Also onto the next project.
Always look forward to what you gonna do next Pan. Gonna be hard to top the carbon fiber beast though.

Cool! It'll be fun to follow your ideas as you put something together. I can't believe what I said in an earlier post (on your strand here) about being happy with where the Superbyke was, and how satisfied I was with it.....THEN the turbo opportunity came along and it all changed! I guess that's part of a project bike, the decisions and surprises one runs into during the build. Doyle

Hot off the press.
I bought it back today! The carbon Busa is coming home after 2+ years!!!

That's awesoome. Talk a little bit about the Busa as a track bike. We know all the work you have done to lighten the bike, but how competitive is it really? Been thinking of getting a new bike and trying to figure out what to do with the Busa. Also why do the track skins have tail lights and signal lights?

As a track bike it performs really well, and a couple of others that have ridden compare it to an over-powered 1000cc track bike.
Competitive? With my riding ability I get left behind by others on 600's, and even 250's around some corners... but that's with MY riding abilities. I also pass plenty of smaller bikes into, around and out of corners on my Busa.

If "competitive" was measured by "fun factor", I'd be a champion!

The skins are temporary plastics, hence the undertail and tail lights.

Back