has anyone raced with a 240 tire?

This is really just a guess on my part as I have never done exactly what you are asking. I would say though that going to a 240 profiled tire on a Busa wont help your 60' at all and may actually hurt. You are going to be looking at more weight and only gaining a tiny amount of contact patch size. The real way to get some benifit would be to do as you have eluded to and go to a car tire that will greatly increase your contact patch but then you are going to have to start being seriously worried about keeping the front down or going to a set of wheelie bars. JMHO but the best thing to do is leave your Busa alone and race her stock so she keeps all the rideability that you want for the street. If your interested in going serously fast on the strip your going to have to go with an aftermarket chassis setup. Check out Koenig's site:

http://www.koenigeng.com/

I used to have one of his ProMod chassis and will eventually have another as I plan to put together a Hayabusa Funnybike with a turbo Hayabusa motor.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087483245 -->

Won't help your times.  Only bikes thaqt I have see the big boys on his show and poser bikes. Drag bikes are a whole differet bread.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087497133 -->

35_spiderman250.jpg

thanks guys. ok so the question is what is a good 60 time for a standard busa and for an extended busa? ive got a best of 1.6 and was pretty happy but i could always be faster. i am not stretched but i am lowered alot

WHAT BRAND OF TIRE ARE YOU RUNNING YOU WILL NEED EITHER A SKINO 003 OR MICKEY THOMPSON SKINO IS BETEER IF YOU DO ALOT OF STREET RIDING DUE TO THE FACT THAT MICKEY'S WEAR PRETTY FAST ON STREET

Back