Videos of 240+ tire driving/cornering?

So you have been on a 330 on technical road??? You speak of it as if you have done it? You may ride road course on you tinny tire, but untill you know 1st hand on a 330 "DONT comment on it please".

Yes with a 330 fatty stretch and LOWERD it may feel slugish in the turns. Im 330 at 9 over BUT I ride with the tail about +1 with the air-ride and I can rock it.:laugh: You can eat your 10yrds of concrete:rofl:

NOW...lets see where all the hater comments go with that:beerchug:

I got also a +1 in the rear and 190/55. Me and Mr/ Bogus will invite you to the dragon, to see if you can really rock it...:rofl: We may give you like a 10 min advantage and Im sure will still catch you...:poke::rofl::rofl::rofl::cheerleader:
j/k

I got also a +1 in the rear and 190/55. Me and Mr/ Bogus will invite you to the dragon, to see if you can really rock it...:rofl: We may give you like a 10 min advantage and Im sure will still catch you...:poke::rofl::rofl::rofl::cheerleader:
j/k

:laugh: you guys are experiance track riders....so sure, you better catch me. :laugh:
How about one start out leading me and see if you can shake me...the other do the 10 min lag behind and see if you catch BOTH of us....:laugh::thumbsup:
All Im saying is if Im following SKILL....I have the ballz to make it thru the curves with you....thu Ill be alot more exhausted at the end of the run than you will. IT takes ALOT to thu a 330 around.

Oh...and I know what you mean about the road temp change. Crazy temp changes here in MD already...and fact of wet leave on the roads.

Last edited:
:laugh: you guys are experiance track riders....so sure, you better catch me. :laugh:
How about one start out leading me and see if you can shake me...the other do the 10 min lag behind and see if you catch BOTH of us....:laugh::thumbsup:
All Im saying is if Im following SKILL....I have the ballz to make it thru the curves with you....thu Ill be alot more exhausted at the end of the run than you will. IT takes ALOT to thu a 330 around.

Oh...and I know what you mean about the road temp change. Crazy temp changes here in MD already...and fact of wet leave on the roads.

Haha :bowdown: you know, I think I'll be scare of riding a 330 in a straight line....:laugh: I have never rode anything wider than stock tire, but you right, I'm sure time and experience you can accomplish anything....:thumbsup:

So you have been on a 330 on technical road??? You speak of it as if you have done it? You may ride road course on you tinny tire, but untill you know 1st hand on a 330 "DONT comment on it please".

Yes with a 330 fatty stretch and LOWERD it may feel slugish in the turns. Im 330 at 9 over BUT I ride with the tail about +1 with the air-ride and I can rock it.:laugh: You can eat your 10yrds of concrete:rofl:

NOW...lets see where all the hater comments go with that:beerchug:
let go ride.... :whistle:

have seen a number of "good" riders try to do this.. just does not work.. be happy to run any roads you wish (as long as they go lefty/righty)

j/k
3 runs.. best of 2

Run 1 : Cherahola
Run 2 : Hell Bender
Run 3 : The Dragon

(you better win the first and second cause number 3 is gonna eat your lunch.. :) keep in mind I ride like an old lady on the street... just no confidence in road surfaces so if you like, we can just take it to the track and you can even get a stand in rider if you prefer... I predict at least a .5 second per corner advantage per lap.. may not sound like much but the busa is lucky to run within 1 second per corner per lap of most track records..

In quicker terms? should be able to put a lap on the stretch bike in a 20 minute session if not 2... The ZX14 loses 2-4 laps per session so far as I have seen them try to get on the track.. so no loss of dignity in getting lapped.. :)

Last edited:
3 runs.. best of 2

Run 1 : Cherahola
Run 2 : Hell Bender
Run 3 : The Dragon

(you better win the first and second cause number 3 is gonna eat your lunch.. :)

:laugh: You know, it always been my dream to go there (dragon).....but Im so fricking far away....:banghead: If I get the lotto one day I'll be moving next to it....:thumbsup:

:laugh: You know, it always been my dream to go there (dragon).....but Im so fricking far away....:banghead: If I get the lotto one day I'll be moving next to it....:thumbsup:
The Busa and the Dragon really make a tough mix... I would bet half the guys that run it the first time think... "Thats enough... I did it, now lets go ride something fun..."

Shane on the other hand is wondering where the tough part is (as he replaces his knee pucks) :rofl:

I put about 12K miles on a 240 tire and I've never had a street bike without one. They handle fine in normal weekend street riding style. If your looking to go hit some serious corners then don't get one because it just going to slow you down. I surely would not go any larger than a 240...I think its about as big a tire as I care to throw in the turns. Anybody that claims they can go "fast" through the turns on a big tire is full of ****. You can enjoy your bike but you will NOT be "hauling" through the turns. This topic is about as stupid as one can think of...no knock on you cause you simply asked for a video and thats fine.

Extreme corner fetish= stock tire
Extreme performance drag racing= Stock tire
Weekend mix of anything you want = Big tire of your choice....you may not go as fast or through the curve as good...but you can still perform.

This is about the simplest way to explain it that I know

Last edited:
I have to get in on this...
:rofl:
My experience leads me to say, the Busa is a very heavy machine compared to any 600 or 750. It is really too big to effectively ride on 129 curves (the Dargon) leaning off the bike as on track.

I have riden Deal's Gap a few times with a group. You want to know who really worked the curves the most both times I rode with him?....our buddy with the 650 Husquvarna(sp). He squeaked through the pack safely to lead and we had to stay on him to keep up.

In my opinion: to each his own. My question is how much difference is there between my 190 and my 1 year goal to get a Gregg's +2 over Single Sided 240 Kit with some cool rims? I mean, I bet I could still lean the bike over if I wanted, but it costs too much to maintain that pretty fat stretch (I feel your money pains BigRod1300).

So pimp your Busa and get a track bike. I'd get a Gixxer 600, even trashed so I wouldn't feel bad when I go down at the track because I pushed it to the limit dragging my keys.:laugh:

It is really too big to effectively ride on 129 curves (the Dargon) leaning off the bike as on track.

I know a few people that will smoke any 600 in the Dragon riding a Busa. But if the same people will ride a 600 then they will probably smoke every Busa. Because IS NOT THE BIKE, IS THE RIDER my friend.

Take this for example....:whistle: :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on youtube looking around but can't seem to find anything worth a crap. Does anyone have any videos of a wide tire bike (240, 300, 330, etc...) driving and cornering? There seems to be quite a debate on the issue.

Just search hayabusa Im sure youll find one

My experience leads me to say, the Busa is a very heavy machine compared to any 600 or 750. It is really too big to effectively ride on 129 curves (the Dargon) leaning off the bike as on track.

I have riden Deal's Gap a few times with a group. You want to know who really worked the curves the most both times I rode with him?....our buddy with the 650 Husquvarna(sp). He squeaked through the pack safely to lead and we had to stay on him to keep up.

In my opinion: to each his own. My question is how much difference is there between my 190 and my 1 year goal to get a Gregg's +2 over Single Sided 240 Kit with some cool rims? I mean, I bet I could still lean the bike over if I wanted, but it costs too much to maintain that pretty fat stretch (I feel your money pains BigRod1300).

So pimp your Busa and get a track bike. I'd get a Gixxer 600, even trashed so I wouldn't feel bad when I go down at the track because I pushed it to the limit dragging my keys.:laugh:
yea it is a shame that some take it as an attack on stretched bikes as it is not.. the slammed stretch bikes have a neat look

just simple fact that if you shorten a bike a few millimeters they respond pretty drastically at the track.. so stretching one by inches is going to have a similar but opposite effect... just the physical aspect of the stretch.. and to the guys that have them? worth every bit of it..

No one said they looked bad, was bad or even smelled funny, just that they are not going to hang with the "non" stretch bike in the corners.. (some guys will argue that fact forever but it is moot)

There is a lot to be said about individual riding skills for sure.. but you put two capable riders on both bikes, it wont be much of a contest..

why worry about it if every corner in your part of the country has a stoplight? :laugh:

I'm a firsthand account that a 330 tire CAN handle in the curves and that it can do it very well. I was following BigRod earlier this year through the mountains on an ECHR ride. The group was riding at a spirited pace on RT33. I watched that 330 tire take all the curves in stride. Fear not a 330 in the curves, just up your skill as a rider to do so.

I was under the myth that wide tired bikes couldn't handle before, I was wrong and am a believer now.

Think of it, most of the people owning widetired bikes are trailer queens or street cruisers. It's generally not a venue to finding capable cornering riders. But there are a few that can, and the tires will do it.

When I just extended my bike back in 05' I went on a Busa meet/ride. I was 4th in the fastest lead pack of bikes. I had no problem hang with them and could've passed if I wanted to. It was a friendly ride, not a race. Though alot of the group rides sometimes tend to get that way. :laugh:

yea it is a shame that some take it as an attack on stretched bikes as it is not.. the slammed stretch bikes have a neat look

just simple fact that if you shorten a bike a few millimeters they respond pretty drastically at the track.. so stretching one by inches is going to have a similar but opposite effect... just the physical aspect of the stretch.. and to the guys that have them? worth every bit of it..

No one said they looked bad, was bad or even smelled funny, just that they are not going to hang with the "non" stretch bike in the corners.. (some guys will argue that fact forever but it is moot)

There is a lot to be said about individual riding skills for sure.. but you put two capable riders on both bikes, it wont be much of a contest..

why worry about it if every corner in your part of the country has a stoplight? :laugh:

When I just extended my bike back in 05' I went on a Busa meet/ride. I was 4th in the fastest lead pack of bikes. I had no problem hang with them and could've passed if I wanted to. It was a friendly ride, not a race. Though alot of the group rides sometimes tend to get that way. :laugh:

All the riders behind you should sell their bikes....:rofl: :lol:

Nothing was taken as an attack...but being compaired to a loaded concrete truck vs a Vette..please. Maybe a Vette with 5 bags of concrete mix in the back hatch is more like it:rofl: ???wait I think I could only fit 3 bags in the old mans Zo6 if he let me:laugh:

year or so ago 2WT did a story about 240's handling. they took a gsxr1000 race bike and a gsxr1000 with a 4over 240 to a track day. Ofcourse the 240 bike wasnt as fast and steering was a little slower but it held its own. And surprised alot of people while doing so.

trac210.jpg

trac110.jpg

Last edited:
Back