Videos of 240+ tire driving/cornering?

year or so ago 2WT did a story about 240's handling. they took a gsxr1000 race bike and a gsxr1000 with a 4over 240 to a track day. Ofcourse the 240 bike wasnt as fast and steering was a little slower but it held its own. And surprised alot of people while doing so.

trac210.jpg

trac110.jpg

YEP:thumbsup: and looked better doing it!

Get what you want, this is not a "mine is better than yours catfight". The racer is fine, but they get cocky, just throw a 10 inch piece of pipe on the road when they are leaned over all the way and can't dodge the piece of street debris! See? It's all relative......:poke: Plus, I'm a smart aleck today!:cheerleader:

So you have been on a 330 on technical road??? You speak of it as if you have done it? You may ride road course on you tinny tire, but untill you know 1st hand on a 330 "DONT comment on it please".

Yes with a 330 fatty stretch and LOWERD it may feel slugish in the turns. Im 330 at 9 over BUT I ride with the tail about +1 with the air-ride and I can rock it.:laugh: You can eat your 10yrds of concrete:rofl:

NOW...lets see where all the hater comments go with that:beerchug:

Hey Man, I don't hate you because you haven't figured out you have a "Concrete Mixer" loaded with a full ten yards of mud.

I know the paper boy can pass you in the corners on his ten speed schwin. If you want to go even slower, stretch it another six inches! What the heck? It may be slow but with the stretch and big fat tire that thing should make a hellofa sand rail! :thumbsup:

And I don't have to ride a Concrete Mixer in order to know the geometry is all fookered up! :beerchug:

i wish i woulda took some before pix of my rear tire....

cause right now, i wore off all the nipples...didnt think a 360 could lean that much

lessee.. i ride my bike at 25% of its potential (all the skills I have so no idea it has another 75% to go)

I now modify my bike by making it half again as long and I am still riding at my 25% but I look cool... (what I dont know is that the bike is now at 85-90% of its potential and I wont find out until I improve my own skills)..

does that make any sense? I mean, a guy that adds the 1" lift to the rear of the bike and goes to the 55 profile is also wasting his money if he can only ride 25% of the bikes potential as well.. He can also put $3G into suspension and all he did was burn his money and give ohlins a boost.. He can not use the stuff cause he can not ride well enough. (he should have bought some coaching time)..

A guy at 99% is going to know either change in a heartbeat where the other guy will never know and will argue till the cows come home his bike handles better or worse and does not really know..

really 100% of these bikes will never be run to full potential on the street.. (unless you are a frickn moron) What is also a fact is that probably 95% of the guys that own a busa will never even see the 50% level of the bikes ability due to riding only on the street etc... yea you can twist the throttle and go 100% in a straight line till the cows wander back home (a chimp can do that part) but bend it around a bit and the guys start falling off the way side (literally)..

You want to stretch the bike and cruise? by all means have a ball, that is what the sport is about, building your "own" bike and riding... but dont fool yourself... it will get killed on the track or riding technicals with guys that can ride...

I can get 12 guys to say I can ride like the wind... (in reality I am a bottom feeder at the track, they kill me and it forces me to push a bit harder every trip..)

not a slam on anyone, just the facts of bike riding... I would own one of each if I had the cash...

Last edited:
really 100% of these bikes will never be run to full potential on the street.. (unless you are a frickn moron) What is also a fact is that probably 95% of the guys that own a busa will never even see the 50% level of the bikes ability due to riding only on the street etc...

Words of wisdom! If anyone is using even half of what a Busa/King has on the street they are a moron. Also, they will get lots of tickets! Hell, I'm such a Noob I can't even get it wide open in first gear!! But, I'm going to work on it tomorrow on a very low traffic street in the middle of nowhere. My own personal test track. I will conquer this beast:please::please: or, or, there is no "or", I will get it wide open in first!! I rule my bike and not the other way around (I hope).:whistle:

Don't feel bad, most of us can't hold it open in first gear. The Busa's a unicycle in 1st.

Words of wisdom! If anyone is using even half of what a Busa/King has on the street they are a moron. Also, they will get lots of tickets! Hell, I'm such a Noob I can't even get it wide open in first gear!! But, I'm going to work on it tomorrow on a very low traffic street in the middle of nowhere. My own personal test track. I will conquer this beast:please::please: or, or, there is no "or", I will get it wide open in first!! I rule my bike and not the other way around (I hope).:whistle:

:laugh:all i can say is that there is a great video of a 240+ tire cornering. Batman the Dark Night has a bike with 700 front and rear cornering and climbing walls like no 330 can do

:Batman the Dark Night has a bike with 700 front and rear cornering and climbing walls like no 330 can do

Dont know what that ment???
You all are missing my point...never said its better or equiv to a none stretch 200 rear bike! ITs just not a concrete truck like its being pushed it is. Ill resorve my words for the knee dragger that cant make a 330 do the same as his stocker..........................:whistle:

Dude....you have a flat tire!! Oh wait, nm....just another 330! :laugh:

Seriously, the argument for sub 200 vs. 240+....those with fat tires will always think they can hang with the std tire no matter what....I've found that out already. But reality is, you can't and won't. Take it to the track and prove me wrong 'cause I've already seen 2 try and fail. :laugh: No matter what some magazine says handled pretty good, you'll never see Rossi or Spies jacking a 240 on their bikes! :lol:

Just had to jump in here.

Just want to say before you read this, I like pretty much all Busa's, Stock / Lowered / Stretched / Fat Tires / Fatter Tires / Bling Machines / Track Bikes & Drag Bikes. I have only seen a couple that made me say WTF.

So here's my 2 Cents.

#1 Im sure you bought your Busa because it was comfortable. :thumbsup:
( Stretched / Lowered / Fat tire / Still Comfortable. :thumbsup:

#2 Im sure you bought your Busa because of its looks. :thumbsup:
( Stretched / Lowered / Fat Tire / Still looks good. ( Even better in my opinion )

#3 Im sure you bought your Busa because it was fast. :thumbsup:
( Stretched / Lowered / Fat Tire / Still faster than the majority of bikes out there.

#4 Im hoping you DIDNT by your Busa for its conering abilities, If you did you bought the
bike for the wrong reasons. Thats what the Gixxers are for.

Last edited:

Seriously, the argument for sub 200 vs. 240+....those with fat tires will always think they can hang with the std tire no matter what....I've found that out already. But reality is, you can't and won't. Take it to the track and prove me wrong 'cause I've already seen 2 try and fail. :laugh: No matter what some magazine says handled pretty good, you'll never see Rossi or Spies jacking a 240 on their bikes! :lol:

Thats a 360! BOaz...becareful :please:when you find and get on the edge of a 360, its a very quick damn and down youll be. You will not be leaning very fare when your on that edge thinking you have more.
Why the hell does peep keep compairing track racy boys to running a fatty on the track???
If a PRO could run a fatty ( bike being more modded to make up the loss HP from the fatty to have equiv = HP to his other bike) if HE is MAN..then he could use those skills to have that fatty bike ( yes behind his normal time ) but close to his lap times.

WHY does everyone try and compair a track bike with a fatty??? Cause it will not run like a track...NO CRAP..realy!
But wouldnt you fell like a little girl when a fatty handled by skill.......keeps right on your little tail:laugh: :rofl:

NOW lets go to the real world and see what the two bikes are like on the day to day streets.

Last edited:
#1 Im sure you bought your Busa because it was comfortable.
( Stretched / Lowered / Fat tire / Still Comfortable.

#2 Im sure you bought your Busa because of its looks.
( Stretched / Lowered / Fat Tire / Still looks good. ( Even better in my opinion )

#3 Im sure you bought your Busa because it was fast.
( Stretched / Lowered / Fat Tire / Still faster than the majority of bikes out there.

#4 Im hoping you DIDNT by your Busa for its conering abilities, If you did you bought the
bike for the wrong reasons. Thats what the Gixxers are for.

Of course i bought my busa for how it corners :rulez: its just that i didnt buy it to keep up with the gixxers in the corners But it corners great for what i need it to do

dude , what are you talkin about? i never wrote or said i could 'hang' with a stock wheel based/tire sized busa anywhere.
i just took my bike out that day after i seen this thread...took a few corners to scuff up the chicken strips i had left on my 360 and took a picture of it, just to show its possible to lean with'em

simmer down meow

Thats a 360! BOaz...becareful :please:when you find and get on the edge of a 360, its a very quick damn and down youll be. You will not be leaning very fare when your on that edge thinking you have more.
Why the hell

ya, i appriciate any advice you got to give me,man, im fairly new to this club and still riding like im on eggshells

Back