Harbor Feight trailer on sale on-line - $299.99

IG.

Registered
I suspect it's just today and tomorrow. I just ordered one.

1195 Lb. Capacity 48" x 96" Heavy Duty Foldable Utility Trailer with 12" Wheels

90154.gif

Not going cross country. I will be doing a half a dozen 300 mile roundtrips a year doing track days. A few folks here have it and had no issues doing hundreds of miles at a clip - just gotta keep those bearings greased. Loaded with a Busa, ramp and fuel, it's only half the max payload.

Why would anyone trailer their bike instead of riding it? I guess I could ask those hearty souls of the Bar & Shield crowd...when I go to trailer week in March huh?

If I can carry it on the bike I'd rather drive the bike. Wardie

Why would anyone trailer their bike instead of riding it? I guess I could ask those hearty souls of the Bar & Shield crowd...when I go to trailer week in March huh?

If I can carry it on the bike I'd rather drive the bike. Wardie

Try to ride to/from track days. For years. And you'll see what I mean. Not to mention I always wanted my wife to keep me company at the track. Now I have a chance to make this a reality.

Other than that, riding all the way... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
IG all good points. A couple of years ago I put new shoes on and rode my bike to Cali Superbike School at Mid Ohio. It was cool because everyone trailered their Ninja's, R6's etc. At that time I had a BMW Rockster. Looking back on it I often wonder if I had crashed what would I do to get home? It was hot in the leathers and I was tired taking that 2 1/2 hour drive home on the bike. Yes, some AC and wifey driving would've been good.

To avoid being tired, I usually get to the place the day prior - usually late afternoon. Stay overnight in the motel nearby, try to get a good night sleep and I am good for the day. After the track day I used to pack and ride back home, but after some years it got tiring and especially if weather is not perfect and with all crazy car drivers, etc. it's not as safe. So, I would stay another night in the motel and leave early in the morning, and get home in 2- 3 hours - in time for a late breakfast.

All this means I stay away from my family for two days. With the trailer, I will still come the day prior, but can leave to the track later in the day. After the track day, I can just pack up and go home, maybe stopping for a nice meal - all this together with my wife.

still on sale today :cool:

If I could justify it I'd get one, they work well and for short hauls I'd use it more than the big enclosed one. My problem is getting the enclosed trailer off the island costs so damn much with a dual axle. :banghead: Ferry isnt any cheaper either :(

i would take it back and buy a used 5x8 or 6x8 with big wheels like the landscape lawn mower guys use i paid 600 for one and its so smooth you dont know its there also dont know about balancing those harbor freight wheels----

i've looked at these. good price. tell me how it works out.

as long as your not goin down the interstate at 90mps should be a good little trailer.

Last edited:
Exactly my line of thinking. This seems like a good compromise. I won't go above 60 mph, at least not at first. It is rated at almost 1200 lb payload, but will be carrying roughly half of that. My biggest concern is the potholes. Big plus is that it's foldable and will take less space, and good for when you buy a bulk item from Home Depot, etc. I will try to get a bigger wheels, but not sure yet how do you figure which wheel will fit -the hub size and the fender obstruction.

Again, will be using it to the track which is 150 miles or so one way, and for occasional local stuff.

Exactly my line of thinking. This seems like a good compromise. I won't go above 60 mph, at least not at first. It is rated at almost 1200 lb payload, but will be carrying roughly half of that. My biggest concern is the potholes. Big plus is that it's foldable and will take less space, and good for when you buy a bulk item from Home Depot, etc. I will try to get a bigger wheels, but not sure yet how do you figure which wheel will fit -the hub size and the fender obstruction.

Again, will be using it to the track which is 150 miles or so one way, and for occasional local stuff.
Lug patterns are easy, find some AR wheels that have the multi-patterns drilled - no brainer that way. Or you can measure to find out the lug pattern - Wheel Tech - Bolt Pattern

The fenders can just be pulled out a bit to allow for 14" rims.

Thanks for the helpful info. What's AR wheels?
American Racing, seemed to be a huge fad with them in the late 80's/90's. I see them in salvage yards a lot! At any rate, due to the varying bolt pattern sizes there were several manufacturers with rims that had multi-patterns drilled. You just rotated the wheel until you found the right pattern and slapped those babies on! :thumbsup:

Back