Had to vent..

I was an mp at MCAS Tustin Cal. Just north of El Toro 50 miles or so North of Pendleton.
H&HS as I recall. I found it odd really how all the services treat riders. I will grant that we had plenty of squids back then and Im sure that hasnt changed much. but still. I really felt like I was being picked on just because I rode a bike. Thats all I had to drive in those days. Of course it was southern cal. after all and it never rains in southern cal...lol

I'm just interested in why the opportunity to learn more about riding safely upsets you. I have been riding 43 years and I'm still learning
rock.gif
Ditto. I need to take mine to the next level.

--Wag--

Air Force has it to. They call it the strategic riders course. Directed to sport bike riders only. I took it last year. It was actually a good course. I learned a few things here and there. It was taught by 2 motorcycle cops. I was kinda upset at first that it was directed toward us, but once we started it was fun.

I guess the military as a whole lost too many individuals to single person sport bike wrecks.

I was stationed on Eglin AFB the last 4 years and they had jsut passed last year, I'm not sure if it's DoD wide or just USAF, but during the day we didn't have to wear reflective vests but a brightly colored, long sleeved top and of course the gloves, DOT approved helmet etc... at night and during inclement weather you had to wear the vests. I thought that was pretty cool. The message that came out actually had specific colors that were considered brightly colored: yellow, white, orange and a couple other colors. I went on base one day and my textile jacket is baby pink. They wouldn't let me on because it wasn't one of the specified colors in the instruction even though it was brightly colored. The guy at the gate had the instruction on hand. I don't know why I didn't write to whomever wrote the instruction to remind them that hey, ladies ride too and we've got our own line of girly gear that's all over the place now! Oh-well. Maybe some day they'll lighten up. Especially with gas prices on the rise and more people getting bikes.

Back