gotta vent

pbghost

Registered
sometimes it's really hard not to give in and teach lessons to stupida$$'s! any how, here it is...typical highway construction for bridge guardrail replacement scenario. 1st big ol' orange right lane closed warning sign...1 mile out, followed by similar big azz orange warning signs at the 1/2 mile merge left, 2000ft merge left, 1500ft merge left,1000ft merge left, 500ft merge left, and then a long line of purdy bright orange barrels with reflective tape on them to help guide you to the left lane. been like that for 3 weeks now. every day some fool decides to go flying by everyone to squeeze in at the last moment:banghead: I've been cut off by these idiots 4 times so far in fear of getting squashed...until today, I've been in my little mustang. thanks to my clutch cable not wanting to play anymore, I had to take the truck. any guesses what happened on my lunch break? I wanted so bad to floor it to keep the idiot in a sidekick from cutting me off and plant him in the barrels. but, once again, thought of the concequences, hit the brakes and let him in. (the barrels were already at the shoulder in his lane maybe he just wanted to be cool by taking a stupid risk, I guess)maybe driving a sidekick is punishment enough.

I like using my truck to keep the asshats from cutting me off, 06 F-350 Dually with Ranch hand bumpers. I touch the brakes just enough to start slowing down then if they atempt to cut me off, they get the pit maneuver. I watch to much NASCAR! :laugh: Having a 8000 lb. truck against most cars on the road, no contest.... The excuse I didn't see them works quite well, learned that from a cager that almost made mincemeat outta me.

Last edited:
nothing good comes out of "teaching someone else a lesson"

was tempting, watching him pass up plenty of openings to do a last minute squeeze in in front of a line of 4-5 cars hoping the lead vehicle would puss out and let him in...and I did. we were doing 65, not like we were crawling, the gap in front of me was a bout a semi length...behind a semi. I like to see their mirrors, so they know I'm there and gives me a little reaction time if needed. oh, and the zone is only about 3/4 mile long.

This happens to me almost everyday on a stretch of road I travel (Hwy 37 in front of Sears Point). When I'm in the truck (Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel) I will impede their progress without hitting them. If they insist on cutting in I just wale on the horn. That tends to get their attention. Ultimately they might get in front of me but they have wet pants.

I don't mind taking turns at a merging lane. boy/girl/boy/girl, easy stuff. But quit trying to cut everyone off cause that 5 car lengths ain't going to make or break you.

I know...just get so mad, but I always try to think of family, making most things calm down for the better. I am sympathetic to those who do lose it due to road rage in similar circumstances though.

I guess it just got on my nerves more than usual today because after reading about wrecks caused by either failure to yeild r.o.w. or driver inattention taking out bikers, watching this azzhat come up in my mirror, my little brain cell put a coralation between the two...and the rage began. too many out there expect everyone else to yeild to them, when they are in the wrong, or less right at least. but crossing the line to return the squeeze or holding my own instead of avoiding an accident would make me liable too. the horn was blaring, but didn't faze him over his radio.

Sometimes it boils down to that, they will avoid the accident at the last second or they end up hitting lots of them pretty orange drums. As for myself, I have done been hit twice, (both times I ended up with a totaled truck and the person causing everything never was seen again) and got pushed into other lanes more than I care to remember while on one of my bike. I always drive/ride very defensively intil i dont have a way out. In Houston traffic, you slow down for an idiot trying to cut you off, you get rear ended. It cant be called Road Rage, I never lost my temper of got out of control.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people in that situation split the lane with their car/truck so no one can pass. I have to admit though, on the Busa I'll squeak up to the front because its so easy to do so, Now in a car I'll be civil and rank and file in like everyone else..we'll almost every one.

Back