Had a dream that I traded in the Hayabusa

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
So a dealer near me has a KTM Super Duke, they are test riding it. Its not even out yet but there are a few in the states. Its a very cool looking bike and it also looks like you could rail the piss out of it.

Anyways I dont want one, id take one if it was given to me but its not something I could see myself riding considering all the other bikes on the market that interest me more.

Regardless though a few nights later I had a dream that I traded in my Busa for a KTM 990 Super Duke, I got it and it was crazy fast, I was popping wheelies with ease and was even doing like 5 mph 11 o' clocks, I hadn't even tapped into its full potential when I found myself regretting that I got rid of my Busa...the KTM felt like it had no substance...not that it was not a great bike but it was missing something that the Busa had.

I remember I pulled into a parking lot doing a wheelie and sat there and I was feeling really bad I got rid of the Busa, and then I woke up....thank God that was a dream I though.

smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Still though the KTM is cool and after having the dream I looked around for it and found this cool video , this is really pushing it for a manufacter video!! See it!...
LINK TO VIDEO

SuperDuke.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember I pulled into a parking lot doing a wheelie and sat there and I was feeling really bad I got rid of the Busa, and then I woke up....thank God that was a dream I though. [/QUOTE]

That was no dream, Bent, more like a nightmare.
laugh.gif

Yes it started out as a strange dream and turned nightmarish at the end with the terrible feeling of regret.

I remember I pulled into a parking lot doing a wheelie and sat there and I was feeling really bad I got rid of the Busa, and then I woke up....thank God that was a dream I though.

That was no dream, Bent,  more like a nightmare.
laugh.gif
[/QUOTE]
My sentiments exactly!

Cool video but the bike is friggin stupid looking. I think I had a set of handlenbars like that on my HUFFY when I was like 10.

Yes it has dirtbike handlebars, some guys add dirtbike handlebars to SV650s and some other bikes
to add better control for certain things.

I bet it will make a great stunt bike.

cool video....

but...

wheres Ghost Rider when you need him? he will remind you what a Busa can do....... and at the same time make that ktm look like a schwin.

Okay...watched the video and....
Flashing into brutal fight club style kickboxing?..done in dinged out black & white for the "Ominous Affect"?...with head banging rock as back ground music?...with a rider wheelie weaving his way through traffic on multi-lanes at high speed complete with rev limiter exercising burnouts?...

if only I were a prepubecent 12 year old cherry again?...I might be impressed.

Dukes are torquey and nimble but the joy ends there...then the major mechanical problems start.

I had one aqquaintance sell his Duke after the 2nd time the conrods just refused to stay clamped to the crank.

Conversly?...(unlike the LC8's) The LC4 KTM Motards kick major @$$ on the dragon...but the owners of such are always staying right on top of them mechanically as well...ala...just a tad less maint. required than your average 250cc 2 stroke dirt bike...with comparable engine life expectancy.

Back